All Star games as a Tournament?

sitenoise 334
+1
2020-11-20 • 1110 Aufrufe • 10 replies

I don't know if leagues around the world host all star games but China, S Korea, and Japan do. I thought it would be fun to track these by adding them as a tournament, so that they would show up under a player's ‘tournaments’. And there would be a place to see them change year after year. Hiding the info as a News Item under the “Timeline” makes it essentially invisible.

It would be a one day tournament between two teams. One thing I'm unsure of is about adding the players, based on what kind of tournament. If it's a “Club” tournament that would restrict the ability to add players, I think, because it might conflict with a player's ‘club history’. It's not a “National” team, but maybe it's close enough? 

Naming it something like: Japan V.League Division 1 All Stars

Any thoughts?

S…k 717 16
vor 3 Jahre

Actually it already exists for South Korea. I think you can begin to implement it if you want. Here is the link.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 3 Jahre

@Sherlock  Ha! Somebody sneaked that in there ?

I notice it is created as a “Club” Tournament and there are no rosters. I'm not quite sure of any value in that. This, for me, is more about tracking who made the all star teams than about which anonymous team, A or B, won the match.

I think I'll create it as a National team tournament and see what happens, unless you have some thoughts why that would be a bad idea.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 3 Jahre

Hurdle #1: Can't pick “country” as the region

S…k 717 16
vor 3 Jahre

@sitenoise Well, if you wanted to add a national team tournament, that's quite normal that it can not be played within only one country ?

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 3 Jahre

@Sherlock  lol I know. and wanted to tell you that because I can't seem to “like” a post any more

S…k 717 16
vor 3 Jahre

@sitenoise Yes there's a but on this “like” functionnality, not the most important though.

S…k 717 16
vor 3 Jahre

Personally, I consider it as a good idea but I'm not sure @Volleybox would valid it. I understand that if we start adding teams like “V-TEAM” and “K-TEAM” as national teams in the database, it could open the door to all sorts of data deviations even if I'm sure you can completely master this tournament without difficulty.

But I'm pretty sure there is some ways to have that sort of tournament is the database because I reckon it's interesting.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 3 Jahre

@Sherlock  said 

if we start adding teams like “V-TEAM” and “K-TEAM” as national teams in the database, it could open the door to all sorts of data deviations

yeah, hmm

S…k 717 16
vor 3 Jahre

@sitenoise It's my point of view, your proposition is, for me, at the same time a good and bad idea, I hope you understand. But as you wrote above create this tournament with club would be almost worse in the club history. It would be unreadable for some random fan.

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
vor 3 Jahre

@Sherlock  yeah, but as I've mentioned before many Japanese players already exist on two teams for the same year, adding a third wouldn't be that much ? . One thing that might get weird is transfers – from which team?

I'll hold off on it for a while. Let it stew

Temporarily disabled
SpielerrankingWer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigenSpielerranking
Wer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigen