Sending notifications after liking some comment

Volleybox 440
+2
2021-01-05 • 2078 Aufrufe • 10 replies

How do you think, if notification on the top menu of the Volleybox should be displayed when someone will like your comment?

I'm thinking of creating similar mechanism as it already is for posts / movies / news, but for comments. I wonder if such notifications won't be too spammy.

CHN_HRQ_FAN 211 4
vor 3 Jahre
+3

It's a very nice fact when someone takes the time to read a post and then express their opinion, like it. But it seems to me that only the information about expressing an opinion, an answer is important. Like is only a form of sympathy, a declaration of a similar position on the matter. In my opinion, it should not constitute grounds for notifying the author of such a fact.

J. P. 135 3
vor 3 Jahre
+1

Personally I don't think that will be necassary. I get mails when someone responds on my comment and that's good, but I don't really care enough about someone liking my comment.

VolleyboxAuthor 440
vor 3 Jahre
+2

@J.P. I was planning to show notifications only on the top menu on the platform (without sending emails and push notifications).

J. P. 135 3
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@Volleybox O sorry, I misunderstood that part. Well since comments are not liked massively on this platform I think it wo'nt turn out in to a spam. So I think the idea is good.

S…k 717 16
vor 3 Jahre
+7

I don't like this idea. I personally like every comment which is constructive in a discussion, so it will be a huge spam. But maybe I can change my habits.

vor 3 Jahre
+2

I've just imaged 2011 when everybody comments, likes, dislikes, etc. 999+ notifications, it is a total mess. 

@Volleybox what are the reasons, could you please describe your idea in more detail?

VolleyboxAuthor 440
vor 3 Jahre
+2

@VitaliiLatysh people want to receive feedback on what they write. Sending them notifications about likes may encourage them to comment more often.

I don't know how it works on facebook/twitter. I know that they are sending notifications about liking main posts, but I'm not sure how it works for a comments. Anyone of you can tell me? 

J. P. 135 3
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@Volleybox Well I only use Instagram and only sometimes I'll receive a notification when my comment is liked. For example when the owner of the post likes my comment, when one of my friends like my comment and sometimes also people who I don't know like my comment (yeah how that works is also a mystery to me).

Dorien 61 5
vor 3 Jahre
+2

@J.P. @Volleybox It’s the same with Facebook in my experience. When I post a comment on an article I’ll receive a notification from the owner, when friends likes it and sometimes from other people. But the notification from other people hardly happens these days (new change from Facebook?)

vor 3 Jahre
+1

@Volleybox FB sends notifications for liking comments too. Do not know the mechanics in details, but it does not feel spammy

Temporarily disabled
SpielerrankingWer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigenSpielerranking
Wer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigen