handan

Cuba officialy gave up

2012-05-06
Cuba officialy gave up After defeated by Dominican Republic, Cuba's women team reject participating in the World Olympic Qualification Tourney held in the end of May in Japan.
Puerto Rico will fly to Japan as NORCECA representitive.
So the Cuban team is out of the Olympics .Because the federation doesn't have any money.
Probably it will be the same for the men's team.

Their drama continues !!
handan ankara, Turkey

Comments (14)

RevanExtasis PT 6 years ago
cuba is in if we talk about woman volleyball, the fivb and the norceca organization give yes to the petitio of a former olympic champion and one of the best of all times mireya luis to give the girls the money that they need to travel to japan in total are 100 000 usd or dollars, mireya put his head in front to save the young girls and i expect that this time the girls will answer with the olympic ticket in japan the source is this http://blogdobrun...putara-pre-olimpico/
Abdiel CL 6 years ago
:(
raylight BG 6 years ago
If course it is. There is nothing rational in communist ideology.
It will be great gesture from Norcecca if they do that, it will be real fair play from them!

Last edited by raylight 6 years ago.

betovoley100 AR 6 years ago
For me it is irrational and do not understand the head of the leaders.
Milka PL 6 years ago
+1
It's so big pity. They don't deserve for this!
betovoley100 AR 6 years ago
+2
that Cuba is not an Olympic game is somewhat unexpected, the federation and the government should have the money required for the classification and that is happening that does not appear that money?
handan TR 6 years ago
+1
Here is the good news. Probably Norceca federation will pay their travel costs and Cuba will participate the tournament in Japan
Wilfredo_is_Marshall RS 6 years ago
thx RevanExtasis ! :)
Kaz VA 6 years ago
+1
Is this news legit? Especially the part about their male team?
RevanExtasis PT 6 years ago
+1
let me clarify this because im a cuban and i want say all about my country, this thing will be aplly to for the men team if they dont qualify in Long Beach, so the only way is beat the USA in his own ground and i dont see that very easy, cuba dont have money??? that is absolutely bullshit, but in the woman case i have to say that the only easy chance that they have to qualified its gone, if they were go to tokyo againts, rusiia, serbia and japan including korea and thailand they re lose for sure, one thing its very true everybody here knows the reason that take us ask " why cuba have some many problems in volleyball, if they have very good player" i think everybody know the reason already
Wilfredo_is_Marshall RS 6 years ago
nnnnnnnooooooooo, I was looking forward to watch Leon at the Olympics!
maslanka PL 6 years ago
uuu it's really cruel ..but can't do nothing with except compassion
ly1117ly1117 CN 6 years ago
OMG.I want to see Cuban's men team in London,especially Leon and Hernandez.So i hope that the federation will pay London's cost for them.
Nagor PL 6 years ago
+1
Huh, it is very bad, but we cant do nothing... I hope that when Castro Brothers will die, Cuba will be free...

Related items

Activity
+0