Dustin Watten's "How to become a pro"

PanicVB 55
+5
2020-08-06 • 1490 views • 12 replies

If you are trying to play professional volleyball, and granted some of this only applies to those who have played at a university in the US,  no matter what - read this article:

https://volleyballmag.com/becoming-a-volleyball-pro-080620/?fbclid=IwAR0AY70F2VQjJfpWU7Gt8yR1pMdJ2s1SJUmymcKlPqQsRMkKKfS_tBO1OWg

3 years ago
+3

It's a great piece. I think this article helps athletes to prepare their volleyball career.

Japan League, I don't think Japan clubs are doing relentless training as far as I know. Also, Japan allows two foreign players to be in at same time. One must comes from Asean countries or China/Korea/Taiwan. It's asian player policy.

Koreas are doing relentless training, that's I can tell. Korea league has salary cap which foreign players are paid minimum 300k USD for a season. Details can look up in Korea League official website.

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 years ago
+2

That is great money. No wonder Kyle Russell left France for there.

Japan - I don't remember any Americans who have gone recently, well some women have gone and I think they usually play one season and leave.

3 years ago
+2

@PanicVB  Below Chart is the guideline for foreign players' salary and bonus in Korea League.

In Japan, most of foreign players did only play one season and leave. But In my opinion, all depend on the performance and the negotiation between the club and player.

Michal Kubiak has been playing in Japan for 4 years, Dmitriy Muserskiy will play the third season for Suntory Sunbirds. Igor Omrcen stayed in Japan clubs since 2012 till he retired in 2019. 

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 years ago

@ojvolleyball Awesome! That's great money. If any player is in a good situation there, they would be crazy not to stay...or had a great offer from a massive club.   

Great info!  Thanks.

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 years ago

@AldinPlećan  just checking if you have had the chance to red this one?

3 years ago
+1

@PanicVB I read this, I would like to know more about this..

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 years ago

@AldinPlećan Well the keys I got out of it were

1) videos  
2) Good agents are important

3) You are still young enough to come to the US for college, have you considered that move?  Any friends who have gone that route? 

I don't have any connections to the colleges, but if you have video - then doors open. Your English is very good, so I think you could do it.

3 years ago

@PanicVB I am a young player with great experience, where I can send you pictures and videos

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 years ago

@AldinPlećan don't send them to me. I can't help you, but send them to some colleges in the US. That might be a great opportunity for you.

Here is a list of schools with mens volleyball:

http://firstpointvolleyball.com/mens-volleyball/

3 years ago

@PanicVB Okey, sory thank's a lot

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 years ago

no problem.  Good luck

3 years ago

Pretty good read

Predict volleyball scoresAre you looking for volleyball emotions?Predict volleyball scoresPredict volleyball scores
Are you looking for volleyball emotions?Predict volleyball scores