[Declined] Extend user personal settings what type of site (men, woman, beach volley) should be opened by default

+1
2020-03-23 • 1488 views • 11 replies

By default, the men volleybox is opened all the time.

How about to set which version of the site user wants to be opened by default in personal settings? 

#Volleyboxnet

Volleybox 440
4 years ago

Such a change will cause a lot of confusion.

Just type different domains while entering address in internet browser.

Vitalii LatyshAuthor 81 11
4 years ago

It is the feature for registered users only. User wants some customisation. For example, a user is monitoring only beach volley and he/she does not want login to volleybox and see the default page - men volleybox. 

Volleybox 440
4 years ago

There are some users which are following both women and men volleyball.

According to your suggestion when someone is entering https://volleybox.net he should be always redirected to the https://women.volleybox.net (when someone declared it). So what in situation when someone really wants to open Men Volleybox?

4 years ago

@Volleybox actually they should have 3 options: default (men), women, beach volley. Users that follow several (any combinations of three OR two ones) select the default option. If specific type, then appropriate one.

Volleybox 440
4 years ago

I still don't understand how it should works.

User choose "Men Volleybox" as preferred website and what's then?

sitenoise 334 9
4 years ago
+2

I've been frustrated finding myself unexpectedly in the men's world, but if I bookmark women.volleybox.net (or my profile while in women) and start with that it's all good. Is that what you are hoping for @VitaliiLatysh ? One downside left now is when @Volleybox updates the backlog thread. If I follow a notification for it I end up in men. I assume that's because he created the thread in men. I adapt.

@Volleybox  here's a related problem to finding gender comfort: If I end up in men on my iPhone it's nearly imposible to get out :) :(  If I click the volleybox logo--thinking it's going to trigger the disclosure triangle drop-down where I can choose "women"--it just takes me to the Home Page. If I do get the dropdown to reveal itself, it's hard to choose 'women volleybox' because the search icons etc., overlap it and take precedence. 

4 years ago
+1

@sitenoise the way you solved it is more like workaround. I propose adding the selection here - Edit profile.

Example:

Open Volleybox after logged in: Default(Men) | Women | Beach Volley

4 years ago

@Volleybox

If 'Men' has been chosen in profile settings - The 'Men' version every time is opened after user logged in.

Same behaviour is for Women, Beach

Volleybox 440
4 years ago
+2

@VitaliiLatysh after logging in you are redirected to the previously displayed page. I still don't see any sense of making such fake redirect to the different website.

Just use different URL address if you want to open different website.

4 years ago

@Volleybox pardon me, you are right. I've just checked it. I didn't find the specific cookie name but I guess you saved the info about specific page in cookies OR in session. Anyway. I got that it is extra effort. Thanks

sitenoise 334 9
4 years ago

I'll let @Volleybox speak to this as it's above my pay grade, but I think men, women, and beach are essentially (sort of like) three different web sites. It's just that MEN gets the default of being simply volleybox.net (no "men" in it's URL). So if you bookmark "volleybox.net" or type that into the Address Bar and login, you're logging into Men. If you bookmark "women.volleybox.net" or type that into your address bar and login, you're logging into women. Same for "beach.volleybox.net". 

Temporarily disabled
Join the list of players looking for a volleyball clubAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Join the listJoin the list of players looking for a volleyball club
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Join the list