I hope this is a test

S…k 717
+2
2021-01-22 • 1715 views • 12 replies

Why did you change this ? It was so practical, now we should roll out until the round that we want, like 28th round ?

I don't see any advantage to this new feature, this is not even more beautiful.

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+1

Yikes! 

De-cluttering is not kind to visual learners like me ?

BUT - some of the Rounds Definitions in some tournaments are out of control. 

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+1

Not to mention one of my biggest pet peeves: hiding the scrollbar until you hover over it to see if there's a scrollbar. 

S…kAuthor 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise I'm editing matches a league which re-ordered all its calendar due to Covid-19. I lose a huge amount of time going to the end of the scroll bar everytime… ?

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+1

@PierreFoucault  I used to be one of those “Apple fanboys” (everyone hates) until Jony Ive took over design at Apple. He took the “U” out of UI and UX and replaced it with “How does it look in my Powerpoint presentation”?  He destroyed modern design with his hide-and-seek bullshit (pardon my French ? ) 

S…kAuthor 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise I totally agree. Those “piles” of rounds were not necessarily esthetically pleasing (but not ugly though), but it was so easy to switch, you could go from 3rd round to 29th round or the semi-finals in a single click, less than a second.

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+1

@PierreFoucault Yeah, to be fair to our beloved Captain, though, he has to juggle the interface for folks who are here just looking around with the needs of folks who work here.

“piles”

LOL

S…kAuthor 717 16
3 years ago
+1

@sitenoise That is true. But I didn't find any advantages to his new feature, did you ? Even for random users passing-by.

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+1

@PierreFoucault  Well … no. But I wanna be nice sometimes instead of my usual snarky self ? It's a tough job.

Maybe we should have a discussion about “piles”. For example, I chose to Define the Rounds for Chinese League 2020-21 differently from how they were for 2019-20 precisely because of the out of control pile factor (others may disagree with my choices).  

19/20 Big-ass pile

20/21 Little-ass pile (with a lot more matches)

You can't see the piles now but check the scrollbars. Size matters

Volleybox 440
3 years ago

Previous version have been restored on desktop.

Which version do you prefer on mobile devices, A or B?

A
B
S…kAuthor 717 16
3 years ago

@Volleybox Oh, it's difficult to tell both are terrible. ?

What is the actual design ?

sitenoise 334 9
3 years ago
+1

@Volleybox  Tough call. I'd probably go with A because (I assume) most people who land there will be looking for the latest scores and they will be quicker easier to see (especially when there's a big pile).

I've always been curious how these piles are ordered. It seems alpha-numeric at times, but with an exception which always puts the “final” at the far right end. But then a “semifinal” button will be in the middle of the pile after “Group F” but before “7th place” match.

Is it possible to order them by date?

Volleybox 440
3 years ago
+2

@PierreFoucault A is current version, B is previous one on the mobile devices.

@sitenoise most of the rounds have assigned sorting number (which is not visible for moderators currently, it should be shared with you somehow). Rounds are ordered by this number, then by a name.

Is it possible to order them by date?

Which date should be assigned to the round? Minimum date of all matches in that round? There could be few months difference between dates of matches on the same round (especially in COVID times). It could cause a mess, let's suppose that date of first match of “regular season - 4th round” will be less than date of first match of “regular season - 3rd round”. In that case 4th round would be displayed before the 3rd round.

Probably setting sorting number not globally, but locally on specific tournaments would solve that problem. For now there are ~30 tasks with higher priority than this one.

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking