Italy Roster for World Cup and European Championship

Wilfredo_is_Marshall 2015-08-02 • 2351 views • 5

Italy Roster for World Cup and European Championship

Gianlorenzo Blengini, head coach of Italy, announced the list of players which will start preparations for the World Cup and European Championship. Ivan Zaytsev and Giulio Sabbi are on the list! 

Ivan Zaytsev and Giulio Sabbi are back in the national team… Dragan Travica and Luigi Randazzonot! That is a decision of the new head coach of ItalyGianlorenzo Blengini.

Four players got expelled from the national team during the last World League Final-Six, but Blenginidecided to recall Zaytsev and Sabbi. It is also important to mention that Osmany Juantorena is among 16 players who should start preparations!

The full list:

Setters: Daniele Sottile, Simone Giannelli, Davide Saitta

Receivers: Osmany Juantorena, Filippo Lanza, Oleg Antonov, Jacopo Massari

Opposite: Luca Vettori, Ivan Zaytsev, Giulio Sabbi

Middle Blockers: Simone Buti, Matteo Piano, Emanuele Birarelli, Simone Anzani

Libero: Salvatore Rossini, Massimo Colaci

#Italy #OsmanyJuantorena

5 comments

qsekPL 831 10
8 years ago
why Jiri Kovar isn't on the list? an when Italy changed head coach?
Wilfredo_is_MarshallRSAuthor 4186 20
8 years ago
+1
@qsek: I think he is injured, but I might be wrong on that. They changed their coach a couple of days ago and the old coach resigned will now be working with juniors.
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
8 years ago
@qsek: Berruto called out himself.... Kovar is healty, but onestly who need him? he's a techical player, but his mind is lack, at age of 26 he still prefer to stay in Lube to (try to) win something instead of playing somwhere else
Wilfredo_is_MarshallRSAuthor 4186 20
8 years ago
@Kjeldhor: yeah but why not win with Lube and NT as well. There has to be another reason.
KjeldhorIT 1059 17
8 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: at age of 26 he still didn't play in a starting six, that's not good, imho it's not a champion mind and i'm happy Blengini didn't called him
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking