Luciano De Cecco: We are here to enjoy the volleyball.

blokaut_net 2011-11-20 • 6099 views • 6

Luciano De Cecco: We are here to enjoy the volleyball. - Congratulations for your victory. Every element in your team worked well, even if you are training together not for along time. Some players joined the team just a few days ago.

Luciano De Cecco: Thank you. that is true, only part of them team have trained in Parma in Italy, but it doesn't really matter for us. We play together for many years, so now we are trying just to stabilize our game. For me we have played today a perfect match, quick, good volleyball, we did great job on serve and block.

- Block was the strongest weapon against Serbia today. You have stopped them 12 times, while Serbs scored only one point in this element.

Our middles, Sole and Crer are very good players already and today we definitely felt well in this element. Serbia is a strong team, they are European Champions and we know their middles, who are dangerous too, so it was a surprise for me, that they played very bad today.

- You know each other with Serbs very well, as you have been playing in one group during the World League.

Yes and now it is easier for us to prepare tactic against them and I am happy that we played well. This is also a good sign for tomorrow and match against Japan.

- During the World League I was talking with your coach and he mentioned that you don't put any pressure on yourself about score before any tournament. Did you change it now, when you have experienced few more big tournaments?

We treat every tournament in the same way. We don't have a goal, no pressure, we want to play good and enjoy the volleyball. Maybe we won't qualify for Olympics here on World Cup, but then we have to more chances, that's why we are relaxed and we just want to have fun during the game. Maybe for medal, if not, that's ok.

Interview from www.blokaut.net

#WorldCup2011 #LucianoDeCecco #setter #Argentina

6 comments

kapitan_bombaPL 910 9
12 years ago
+4
JRios You Bet, you lost, I won...maybe next time
kapitan_bombaPL 910 9
12 years ago
This is World Cup man...everybody is strong here. You need to worryabout every opponent. Personally i suppose than Poland will win tomorrow because they are in good mood, nice shape and Serbians will play with a knife to the troath and this situation could mistakes happend...
kapitan_bombaPL 910 9
12 years ago
+3
we beat them in last 15 official games and i hope so we beat them 16-th time in a row
raylightBG 3006 15
12 years ago
I am still bitter from World League, not for the loss, but for the way Argentina played against Poland in group A and kicked us out. Poland beat them twice, twice more will repay the damage. Bulgaria had enough backstabbing in the last two years, I think ?
pearlIT 1003 11
12 years ago
+6
What an elegant way of expressing your rooting for Poland, mate ;D
raylightBG 3006 15
12 years ago
Poland will kick your ass again. You are built to crash block-serve teams, not smart-defensive ones
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking