The stars on EuroVolley 2013: Maxim Mikhaylov (Russia)

Volleybox 2013-09-14 • 2804 views

The stars on EuroVolley 2013: Maxim Mikhaylov (Russia) Maxim Mikhaylov (born 19 March 1988 in Kuzmolovskiy, Leningrad Oblast) is spiker from Russia and one of the most titled volleyball players in the history.

He grew up in Yaroslavl. He started to play volleyball when he was 8 and it was a mere coincidence: "When I was eight I wanted to join a sport club. I saw the volleyball players and I liked the sport right away." He competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics, where Russia claimed the bronze medal. He won Russian Superliga 2010/11 and got silver medal of Champions League 2010/11 with Zenit Kazan. Maxim won World League 2011 with Russia and was MVP and Best Blocker of that tournament. In next club season Zenit was the best in Europe. He got also Best Scorer and Best Server awards of the Final Four tournament. Mikhaylov is current Olympic Champion, in the final game he played as receiver. In the World League 2013 he played only several matches due to shoulder injury. This is the most serious Mikhaylov's injury in recent years. After the end of club season, he started attending shoulder's therapy. In EuroVolley 2013, his team will play against Bulgaria, Germany and Czach Republic.

Maxim Mikhaylov

Date of birth: 1988
Position: spiker
Height: 203cm
Weight: 85kg
Spike: 345cm
Block: 330cm

Clubs:Yaroslavl Yaroslavich , Zenit Kazan

#EuropeanChampionships2013 #MaximMikhaylov

0 comments

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking