Vladimir Alekno has resigned as Russian coach

Volleybox 2013-01-05 • 5026 views • 9

Translations: PL
Vladimir Alekno has resigned as Russian coach Vladimir Alekno, who took Russia to Olympic gold at the London Olympics has decided to quit his post. He won also the World League and World Cup.

In announcing his resignation. Alekno said he was leaving the team for health reasons. Other media cited "heart problems" as the main reason.

Alekno said that he took the decision entirely by himself. "I decided to leave the team for health reasons. I don't want to experience more stress" said Alekno. Alekno will now concentrate on his other job as coach of Zenit Kazan.

#Russia

9 comments

andyzUS 117 2
11 years ago
coaches do not get medals in olympics. as for alekno, it is his health. he had surgery last year. looks like it is between voronkov (lokomotiv novosibirsk) and shipulin (belogorie).
Wilfredo_is_MarshallRS 4186 20
11 years ago
Are you sure? Because then it really sucks being a coach! All he gets is medals but no money?
stifler93BG 26 2
11 years ago
It's not only health problems. When he won the OG, and the World League the entire team got a large sum of money and a brand new car, and Alekno got nothing. The sponsors only gave him what was left of the budget for the team and his salary, no bonus. So probably this is some kind of reason too.
Wilfredo_is_MarshallRS 4186 20
11 years ago
Health reasons, volleyball can be a truly stressful sport for the players, coaches, and spectators. I agree with Sllaveq, good thing he decided to quit wihle his is on top.
SllaveqBG 790 10
11 years ago
+6
Well since he won the OG now his way is only down.. you know what I mean, every championship he doesn't win will be like failure... He resigned while he's on top.. smart! He'd better focus on Zenit cause this year they are not as good as they should be!
qsekPL 831 10
11 years ago
of course 2012 was great for him
John17FR 151 7
11 years ago
Yeah for sure but read my post before..I'm talk about 2012 !
qsekPL 831 10
11 years ago
+1
John17, Rezende has mmore medals, i think he is better
John17FR 151 7
11 years ago
Vladimir Alekno 2012 review.

- Russian cup vice champion
- Won the Russian Championship
- Won the Champions league
- Won the olympic Games

Can somebody told me that he's not the best coach in the world nowadays ? ?
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking