+4
2014-04-21 • 11619 views • 20 replies

In every country there is a volleyball prodigy. This player rises above the rest of the players, which are his age. This player will have a bright future in volleyball. Here are some volleyball "prodigies" in the leagues around the world (remember they are only 15-19 years old) :

Russia: Victor Poletaev

With National Teams: 
- Gold Youth European Championship (2013)
- Gold at World Youth Championship (2013) 
- Gold at European Junior Champion (2013) 
- Gold at World Junior Champion (2013) 
- Gold at European Youth Olympic Festival (2013)

Individual: 
- Best opposite player World Junior Championships
- Best opposite player World Youth Championships

- MVP of the European Youth Championships
- MVP of World Junior Championships
- Third scorer Youth Russian League

Russia: Pavel Pankov

He is a super star setter, who played for the youth national team. 

“He is the leader of our team,” said his coach Alexander Karikov. “He learned how to play volleyball since he was a little kid of 4 years old because everyone in his family plays the game.”

“His father played, his mother was an Olympic gold medalists and his sister is the setter of the women’s national team,” Karikov added. “He is very smart young man with an overall ability for the game.”

He now plays for one of the top teams in the best league in the world ( Gazprom Surgut in Russian League)

Italy: Simone Giannelli

He made his Serie A Debute at only 16. Now he is 17 and he is training hard with Trentino Volley. He played as setter for the Youth National Team. He also won gold medal with Trentino last year.

France: Aaron Koubi

Played on Youth National Team. Now plays for first league in France. 

Poland: Arthur Szalpuk

Very great Poland player with a bright future ahead of him. He currently plays in PlusLiga. 

Poland: Jakub Popiwczak

He is a libero who made his Plus Liga debute with the team J. Weigel. He is 17.

Turkey: Yigit Gulmezoglu

He is currently the second setter for Arkas Izmir, the club which placed second during Champions Leauge. He also plays wing-spiker.

Belgium: Arno Van del Velde

He is a teenager who plays for Knack Roeselare. He is 210 cm. 

Belgium: Thomas Konings

Will play for Topvolley Antwerpen next season. Played on the Belgium Youth NT with Arno.

Hungary: Krisztián Pádár

He now plays for Noliko Maaseik

Brazil: Rodrigo Leao

He plays for RJX in Brazil. 

Chile: Dusan Bonacic

He played for the Chile Youth Team and Junior National Team. He is now signed with Lube Macerata. Congrats to @dbonacic!

Bulgaria: Krasimir Geogeiv

Plays for CSKA Sofia. Played on Youth NT. Played on Junior NT?

Germany: Tim Grozer

He is the brother of Georg Grozer. He is only 15 but he is playing the second German League.

Do YOU know any other or are YOU an upcoming volleyball prodigy, if so share in the comments below!

Volleyball Prodigies
kuba9426 441 7
10 years ago
Jakub Popiwczak for example.
Wilfredo_is_MarshallAuthor 4186 20
10 years ago
@kuba9426: I forgot to add him, but I will add him
10 years ago
[removed comment]
10 years ago
@GermanVolley: thx. I will add him. What is his name?
bidahaha 8 1
10 years ago
+1
Rodrigo Leão, RJX/Rio de Janeiro, born in 1996
Douglas Souza, São Bernardo, 1995
Enrico Zappoli, Kappersberg/Canoas, 1995
Rogério Batista, Moda/Maringá, 1995

They all played with the U19 NT last year.

These are just the ones that made the debute in Superliga.

There are many others young players with a bright future here, but I think is overeacting to call all of these guys "prodigies". =)
10 years ago
@bidahaha: Thank you. I will add some of them.
Joachim7 321 4
10 years ago
Krisztián Pádár from Hungary seems to be that kind of guy too. He recently got transfered to Noliko Maaseik.
For Belgium I think Thomas Konings could be the guy too, he's playing in the second level but he will play for Topvolley Antwerpen next season.This club won the cup and is playing the final this season!
10 years ago
@Joachim7: If he is still a teenager and his is playing in the first league, he must be something special!
terekib 8 1
10 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: You can watch Krisztián in this video: http://youtu.be/qXautxLaaOw?t=46s . He is No. 14.
terekib 8 1
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: He scored 44 points against Finnland! http://www.cev.lu/Competition-Area/MatchPage.aspx?mID=26427&ID=697
9 years ago
@terekib: wow he is only 16 years old!
terekib 8 1
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: 18 ?
Sfixterman 163 4
10 years ago
Yigit Gulmezoglu from Turkey,this season is 2nd setter in Arkas Izmir and some games played in the starting team...add arno van de velde from knack roeselare
10 years ago
@Sfixterman: I never heard of him, but I will do some research and add him later
Sfixterman 163 4
10 years ago
+2
Dusan Bonacic From Chile,this year signing from Lube Banca Macerata!!!
10 years ago
@Sfixterman: we should all congratulate him on here because he is a volleyball-movies member!
Sfixterman 163 4
10 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: plz add krasimir georgiev(Bulgaria) is the best player of u20 team!!!This year playing in CSKA Sofia
10 years ago
@Sfixterman: anymore really good players that you know of?
Sfixterman 163 4
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: add gonzalo quiroga now playing in the UCLA(USA)...Has an older brother Rodrigo,
9 years ago
@Sfixterman: I know Gonzalo, but he is like 22 years old, he is not 15-19.
Sfixterman 163 4
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: sorry man, add Nicolas Lazo is one of the most powerful servers in the FIVB Boys' U19 World Championship.he played in San Juan Volley Club .
9 years ago
@Sfixterman: It's ok dude, nothing to be sorry about. Thank for mentioning Nicolas, I'll make sure to add him. How do you know all these players??
Sfixterman 163 4
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: i read in volleyball sites
9 years ago
@Sfixterman: which ones?
Sfixterman 163 4
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: fivb.org,volleyball.it and others greek sites
9 years ago
[removed comment]
9 years ago
@portugues: Thanks, I will add him later
aleksaff 52 2
9 years ago
Tzioumakas Georgios,he played for Iraklis whole season last year,and he is in Italy now,really good opposite
9 years ago
@aleksaff: koliko godina?
aleksaff 52 2
9 years ago
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall: 1995 godiste,19 ima,strasan igrac.Mislim da je jedan od najboljih mladih korektora,usudio bih se da kazem posle Polatejeva najbolji korektor iz 1995 godista
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking