Wild Cards for World's Cup go to Russia and Poland

2011-10-05 • 4579 views • 30 replies
Tonight FIVB made their decision about Wild Cards for coming World Cup, which will be held in Japan from 20th November to 4th of December.
Vladimir Alekno's team will take part in the competition despite the fail on European Championship 2011.

#wildcard #Russia #WorldCup2011 #Poland

Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Тhat's the expected and the right decision... Russia and Poland should be there.
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
genious, gut I am very happy about POL and RUS
tysia 579 11
12 years ago

SkyloIoannes - you're right
These cards are deservedly for Polish and Russian ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
Totally fair ?

raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
The most normal thing is the Winner of the World League to play at the World Cup.
About Poland - this country hosted the World League twice, will host World Championship, European Championship, other events, I think this wild card is too much. I don't say Bulgaria deserves it - not after our weak game vs Russia at the ECH and after we got Olympic qualification tournament and World League Final Round as hosts, but Canada or Cameroon could go on the place of Poland. It is better for us Poland to go there and to get the bronze, but this country is given so much advantage so easy, like constantly playing with handicap. This is not fair first for Polish players who will constantly doubt themselves if they deserve their medals, and secondly for the other countries who could have taken their place. After saying this, I will admit that I will support Poland and Russia to qualify for the Olympics since these are our hardest opponents in Europe ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I don't think that Poland is a tougher opponent than Serbia...

BTW, imo it is fair that the 4 European teams are the top 4 teams in ECh, and that the 4 top teams in WL will be in WC. So, I think it's fair that Poland will be there too.
Actually, also the first 6 ranked in WCh will be there ?
_k-is-for-kate_Author 404 6
12 years ago
+3
with all due respect to teams canada and cameroon, they would just waste the spot they'd had gotten

and i don't think poland got the card just because they held (and will hold) a bunch of international competitions, they have a strong team which recently was european champions, they're always winning something,or close to it, their players among the best in the world and so on

everyting's fare.
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
I'm sorry that Bulgaria doesn't have them in the Cup of the world after their weak game this year
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Kk15, Serbia is not tough opponent for us, we beat them most of the time, like Italy, while Russia and Poland often beat us. About the top 4 European teams in WL - Russia, Poland, Bulgaria and Italy. Serbia wasn't there.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Yes, Poland are strong team, Kate, and that is the problem - strong teams on that level shouldn't have so much help from FIVB and CEV, although in this case Poland win is for our win
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
Raylight -why you yes think? Poland organized the WL at a high level and don't understand your claim
and besides now Poland isn't good .... only now when Michal Winiarski, Daniel Pliński and Paweł Zagumny the in World Cup back then Poland will be strong
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
Sorry raylight, I noticed I missed to add to my previous sentence "will be at WC", but I've never written that the top 4 european teams in WL will be in WC, I meant the top 4 team (Russia, Brazil, Poland, Argentina).

About the first part of your post, I think is quite arrogant saying "Serbia is not tough opponent for us", I don't like when someone understimate his opponents. It's not a coincidence that Serbia is the ECH champion, btw..
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
Kk15 -you're right
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Kk15, it is not about arrogance - every team has opponent to beat often and opponent which beats him often. For example Bulgaria excels vs Serbia, Italy and Netherlands, Italy vs Poland, Poland vs Bulgaria, USA vs Brazil and so on. I don't say we are stronger than Serbia, but we play well against them. These are different things. Serbia got many more medals than us so obviously we are not the better team generally.
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
the bulgarians only win in friendly games in BNT international XD and guess what i dont care any shit if i take minus that is a play of kids in the end is the true ?
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
+1
No,Raven, you are wrong! In 2006 we beat Serbia and took the bronze, didn't we? So THIS wasn't a friendly game whatsoever. Don't talk such things because you are the one who sounds childish.
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
im talking about this Nt dont mention Konstantinov or Ivanov, talk to me about this Nt only a Bronze medal in the WEC 2009. im right ??? look in the wikipedia( ? ). and i only say the true is not childish or whatever you say, you expend mucho time avoid you NT mistakes buy in the end all need re-building in that team(lose whith Germany come on Bro wake up)
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
+2
Well, there are many factors which make a team weak or glorious. I don't avoid my NT mistakes, I just said that we have beat strong teams in real tournaments, not only in friendly matches. And if you have watched the matches with Germany carefully, you would've noticed that we had lots of troubles then and besides Germany played really well.
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
in the end no matter how many times i see that games will be a defeat always. you see thats the problem the bulgarian guys and sometimes the poland guys to always say for example, we lose Matey are in a bade shape (Bulgarians), we lose because Jaroz or someone put the ball in a wrong way. all that "things" end in a defeat. when my team lose, i always will say "sorry we play terrible the other team was better than us", and that it, not comentaries around 50 lines explain whats going wrong and the factors of the defeat and that kind of boring things, all people here have is own perspective of the game and a win is a win and a lose is a lose from here to the moon and who knows Mars to. haha i still laught when this teams lose and then they say "well we lose but we are so close" or "we defeat them the last week,now we lose but they and us are in the same level" and that kind stuff anyway its not my problem my team have is own aspiration and even whitouth Camejo we will try to doing well in the Pan aMERICAN GAME, i dont would say that we deserve the gold cause brazil have a excellente squad to and is the team B. and if we lose its simple they are better than us even whith his team B. no more apologizes.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Balance Bulgaria - Serbia:

2004 - 4 matches in WL intercontinental round 3 victories for Bulgaria - 3:2, 3:2, 3:1, one lost 2:3, 1 match in Final round, 3:0 for Serbia

2006 - Bulgaria - Serbia 3:0 World League Final Round
- Bulgaria - Serbia 3:1 World Championship bronze medal

2009 - Bulgaria - Serbia 3:2 European Championship first round
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
Serbia is currently the best team in Europe, showed it to the championship
Too bad I Bulgaria doesn't have them in the Cup of the world after their weak game this year
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Raylight, are you really adding dates from 2004?!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
That's all official matches I know, Serbia was with stronger squad back there, while we were without full developed Kaziyski. I add them all because Revan said that we beat them only on friendly matches. And Serbia won all 3 gold medals beating Russia and Italy.
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
you're right
Serbia has the strongest composition compared Poland to where there was no Wlazły, Zagumny, Pliński and Winiarski
Once again, congratulations to Serbia

Compassion Bulgaria
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Yeah, Yeah, I heard that - you still have Kurek, Kubiak, Ignazcak, Zygadlo, only Bartman as opposite was missing
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
yes but don't compare Żygadło with Zaugmny or Wlazły of Jarosz
anyway I'm glad that Zagumny Winiarski and return Pliński
What Wlazly i don't know

I'm interesting or exempt Stoychev
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
and I forgot Nowakowski with his jumping ability
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+3
you're right ...
but Bulgaria also has got very good players ?
Bulgaria pity that will not be at the World Cup because it is a good team
rosalie 11 1
12 years ago
+2
And gold and silver medal for two wild cards ?
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+2
amazing ?
Temporarily disabled
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking