[Open] Adding matches, same teams within 24 hrs

sitenoise 334
+2
2021-07-05 • 3294 vues • 12 replies

Leave it to Japan, but ….

The Japan V.League Division 1 2021/22 schedule is out and what they are doing this upcoming year is two teams will play back to back matches at the same arena each weekend all season long (presumably to cut down on travel?)

eg.:
JT Marvelous v Hisamitsu Springs 2022-01-28 20:00 @Sumiyoshi Sports Center
JT Marvelous v Hisamitsu Springs 2022-01-29 20:00 @Sumiyoshi Sports Center

What this means is that when I go to add the second night's match I get the error that says the match already exists.

A workaround is to add the matches backwards. That is, start at the end of the season and work backwards, because, for some reason the error doesn't occur if the second added match is before the first one. It's a little disorienting but I'm managing.

It occurs to me that when the matches are completed this fall, I'll score the first one (Friday night), but when I go to score the second one (Saturday night) I will get the error that the match already exists, and what I'll have to do is edit the Friday night match to say it was on Thursday, score the Saturday match, and then re-edit the Friday night match from Thursday back to Friday. What a hassle!

I need a way to get around this

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans
+1

This is a pain in the ass and the season hasn't started yet

I need a way around this

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans
+2

This is getting silly now. People are trying to update the score of the second night's match and get the error that the match already exists so they delete it

avid 102 8
il y a 2 ans
+1

@sitenoise I've just accepted it. I can't figure out a way around it other than not updating the first night until after the second match is complete 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans

@avid  will you do me a favor and update the remaining scores of the Japan matches last night. I think that if a non-admin updates the score and it goes to the “waiting for acceptation” queue and then I accept it and it will take

NEC 3–1 Kurobe
Denso 3–0 PFU
SAGA 3–1 Hitachi
avid 102 8
il y a 2 ans
+1

@sitenoise nope. it still does the “match already exists” thing. 

I'd have to do the delete match-1 thing 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans

@avid yeah. Someone deleted the NoSmiler Match and then someone re-added it. That worked, but way too much hassle. 

Thank you very much for your help 

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans
+1

@avid Some how some way , it sneaks in without “match exists”  if the match goes to the scores page queue. (I think)
I just tried to add a report to a 2nd day match on the League Page and it wouldn't take . So I refreshed the page and the match disappeared. I went to the Scores Page , it was there, and I accepted the match without issue

Weird

avid 102 8
il y a 2 ans
+1

@sitenoise that hasn't worked for me (That's usually where I input scores lol) 

Ive just accepted waiting until after the second match or deleting/re-adding matches when I need to

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans
+1

@avid That scores page is too buggy and weird to scroll through trying to find the matches you're after. Avoid!
What's also weird is that the matches disappear, literally, from their league page of matches when someone edits it on the scores pages and it goes to the holding pattern ??

sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans
+1

@avid Since you say you input scores from the Scores page, would you try updating one from the V.League page, say Toray 3–0 Hisamitsu --first match of the 2nd Round and see what happens 

avid 102 8
il y a 2 ans
+2
sitenoiseAuthor 334 9
il y a 2 ans
+3

@avid Rats. There's a loophole in this somewhere and I'm going to find it
Thanks again for your help ?

Temporarily disabled
Classement des joueurs de volley-ballQui est le meilleur joueur de volley-ball de tous les temps ?Afficher le classement des joueursClassement des joueurs de volley-ball
Qui est le meilleur joueur de volley-ball de tous les temps ?Afficher le classement des joueurs