Andrea Giani will be a new coach of Skra Bełchatów?

Volleybox 2013-03-26 • 6165 vues • 11

Traductions: PL
Andrea Giani will be a new coach of Skra Bełchatów? Andrea Giani, a living legend of world volleyball, may be employed for a post of the new head-coach of Skra Bełchatów. Giani confirmed Skra is interested to indenture him and he is feel like to touch down in Poland because there is no chances to get a lucrative job in Italy while Poland is the best place to work.

Skra Bełchatów has played the worst season since 10 years. Not only did not Skra achieve a medal in Polish League but the team was not able to qualify for semifinal being defeated after exciting duels against Resovia Rzeszów.

All the failures was conditioned by many various factors, including injuries of key players, nevertheless, team sponsors are painfully absolute in their judgements and required radical changes. It seems hence that a first victim will be of coach: Jacek Nawrocki.

There are numerous indications that the vacant in Belchatow will be completed by a foreign coach. The main candidate seems to be a legend of volleyball Andrea Giani who actually does not act at the club area and he is only an Mauro Berruto's assist in Italian National team.

Being asked the authenticity of the information about his transfer , Andrea Giani claimed in the pages of “La Gazzetta dello Sport”;
"I can confirm that Skra was in touch with me a few weeks ago. At some point, it seemed I will join the team already in the
mid-season. Perhaps, this season was not perfect for Belchatow, nevertheless, Skra is still really strong team. As I know, its team manager is going to change the head-coach and it will take place at 99% and I am one of the major candidate.’"

In 2007, he started out his coaching professional career working with Cimone Modena and won the Challenge Cup 2007/08.
Then, he also took care of Roma Volley players. Today Andrea Giani that thinks working in Italy is unprofitable;
"It is not easy to work in Italy. Team management usually starts from buying a player, trainers are the latest in a long list.
Coaches are not respected and are offered very little money."

www.volleywood.net

#PGESkraBelchatow #AndreaGiani

11 commentaires

pearlIT 1003 11
il y a 11 ans
Giani is officially the new head coach of Verona http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=61883&l=0
OverlookPL 280 5
il y a 11 ans
I agree with you too. Skra doesn't need the same story like with Bernardi in JW, but good and experienced coach. My little suggestion: Santilli is “free” now?
camnowPL 380 4
il y a 11 ans
I agree with u @oioi about terrible decisions but even that some changes should be done in Skra
oioiPL 370 5
il y a 11 ans
+1
Probably, he has a good workshop but as I said some terrible decisions led to this bad season for Skra. Of course we learn from mistakes but as of now he should be fired from Skra.
oioiPL 370 5
il y a 11 ans
I don't want to write an essay here so I will just say that he made some terrible choices about transfers and tactics, and he is bad at leading the team. As for those successes, he inherited the team made by Castellani which was, I don't know exact word in english, a self playing team (?) as it was very well composed and with big players. And when he was supposed to make a team of his own, when three pillars left, he couldn't create a team, his personal decisions were to say the least odd.
oioiPL 370 5
il y a 11 ans
+1
Giani worked as a second coach or some other help (?) with Berutto, so he might have improved his workshop. But then again I hope he is not like Bernardi who in my opinion doesn't fit to be the coach.
bitkaPL 673 10
il y a 11 ans
i think that Skra needs now experienced and tested coach with some great results
pearlIT 1003 11
il y a 11 ans
@Handan: it's not completely true that he had no success as a coach. He won a challenge cup with Modena and Italian Serie A2 League and Italian A2 cup with Rome. If you are talking of his results in more recent times, the truth is that he never found himself seriously in a position to do any better. It's hard to be successful when your entourage doesn't support you or makes things hard or even worse than they are. but if I can be absolutely honest with you, I hope he'll stay in Italy and find some team to train here.
oioiPL 370 5
il y a 11 ans
+6
Every coach is better than Nawrocki.
vtnklmdcPL 686 14
il y a 11 ans
+2
As we see the level of the league is equalized now, and the most loser in the past two years is Skra,in this season was 4-5 teams favorites to win the league thereby matches were often aligned and favorites were many time losing matches with the less favored teams.
Cala transfer in this year turned out a total defeat, it isn't easy to replace Bartosz Kurek like we see. They need a new world class player on wing-spiker position.
I don't know whether Giani is an ideal candidate for a new coach, but this decision belongs to the activists of the club and not to me.
One thing is certain that if Skra wants to be again a champion of ​​Polish League and mean something in Europe they needs immediate changes ?
shinodaPL 121 3
il y a 11 ans
it could be a good choice. I've heard also that winiarski and wlazyl could leave skra after season
Classement des joueurs de volley-ballQui est le meilleur joueur de volley-ball de tous les temps ?Afficher le classement des joueursClassement des joueurs de volley-ball
Qui est le meilleur joueur de volley-ball de tous les temps ?Afficher le classement des joueurs