Julien Lyneel leaves VNL and will not compete for a spot in 2021 Tokyo Olympics

John Suen 2021-06-17 • 1685 vues • 9

(17 June 2021) 

According to French volleyball federation (FFVB), Lyneel will leave VNL and not participate in Tokyo Olympics. Lyneel and the coaching staff along with head coach Laurent Tillie, he will not be participating VNL and Olympics selections, because he needs more time to get back in shape for Tokyo Olympics that will happen very soon. 

In the mean while, Lyneel will return to Montpellier in preparation for the French volleyball league. Recently Lyneel has signed with Montpellier.

#France #JulienLyneel #LaurentTillie #MontpellierUC #FrenchLigueA202122 #TheOlympics2021 #VolleyballNationsLeague2021 

Temporarily disabled
S…k 717 16
il y a 2 ans
+1

Yes, he is realistic and know he has not the level excepted to play in the Olympics. However, he's better than expected at this level, in France we didn't even think he would be selected for the VNL.

J. P.NL 135 3
il y a 2 ans
+1

@Sherlock It was kinda unexpected for everybody I think. 

S…k 717 16
il y a 2 ans
+1

@J.P. Well, yes and no. It was unexpected that he would withdraw from the VNL, but we knew he wouldn't be playing at the Olympics.

J. P.NL 135 3
il y a 2 ans
+1

@Sherlock O sorry I phrased my sentence wrong I guess. I meant that it was unexpected for everybody that Lyneel would play in the VNL oops

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
il y a 2 ans
+2

@J.P.  I didn't know how he is doing, I just assume Lyneel is able to play as a receive and defend. I didn't think he is able to swing but evidently he could barely get the ball down. Lyneel at the moment felt more like Kevin Tillie in 2017.

S…k 717 16
il y a 2 ans
+2

@JohnSuen Exactly, the comparison is very good.

J. P.NL 135 3
il y a 2 ans
+1

@JohnSuen @Sherlock , did Lyneel play any matches as a oustide hitter this VNL? 

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
il y a 2 ans
+1

@J.P. Yes, he did play a few matches as a outside hitter. I think since week 2 when Grebbenikov returns to the roster.

S…k 717 16
il y a 2 ans
+1

@J.P. Yes twice. Against Canada and Japan if I remember correctly.

Créer le site web pour une agence de volley-ballÊtes-vous le propriétaire de l'agence de volley-ball ?Créez votre siteCréer le site web pour une agence de volley-ball
Êtes-vous le propriétaire de l'agence de volley-ball ?Créez votre site