Women's volleyball dream team 2020

Women's volleyball dream team 2020

Volleybox 2021-01-12 • 6497 vues • 8

By the end of 2020 we have launched new feature on the website: choosing dream team of the year. Every logged user was able to add his votes for the best players for specific positions. They were able to choose any of 33838 players from the database.

122 users from all over the world added their votes.

Full list of the votes you can find here.

Here are the results:

Voting for the dream team 2021 will begin on December 1, 2021. We hope to see your votes there!

Dream team based on Volleybox data

What's interesting there is also a ranking of best players 2020 calculated automatically based on team's scores and individual awards. How dream team will look like regarding this data?

Temporarily disabled
Marc1025BR 1 1
il y a 2 ans
+1

when does this year's voting begin?

Elite Volleyball 1
il y a 3 ans
+1

In my opinion for the entirety of 2020 , since there were no NT tournaments, the best players are:

OH: Zhu Ting, Kimberly Hill, Kim Yeonkoung, Gabi

OPP: Paola Egonu, Andrea Drews

MB: Robin de Kruijf, Eda Erdem, Milena Rasic, Chiaka Ogbogu

SET: Joanna Wolosz, Maja Ognjenovic
LIB: Moki Degenarro, Mako Kobata

S…k 717 16
il y a 3 ans
+1

@EliteVolleyball I adore Andrea Drews but I think you are not objective, even more as she's your favorite player as I can see on your profile. She almost didn't play in 2020. ?

Pretty good list though, even if I don't see how it is possible not to have Isabelle Haak and Monica De Gennaro in the top two opposites and liberos.

mzaratemRO 386 24
il y a 3 ans
+1

where is Isabelle Haak ? she is in top 5 player in the world!

Olga BitchES 5 1
il y a 3 ans
+2

This team will have a terrible reception. Both OH are great attacker but we need one OH that could defend the floor together with the libero. 

I'd replace Gabi with a person who “recieves”. Zhu is definitely OH for attacking and her blocks would be a challenge to the opposite. 

VolleyTurcoTR 67 4
il y a 3 ans

@Bardloe Aköz is one of the best libero in the world now. If you watch her matches , you will see her reception and high rate. Gabi also defends well. 

Alexandre Nascimento 1 3
il y a 3 ans

@Bardloe Gabi é a jogadora que vc está falando, defende, compõe e passa.

S…k 717 16
il y a 3 ans
+2

I follow less women's volleyball than men's but let's give my point of view haha.
I 100 % agree for Wolosz, Erdem, Gunes and Guidetti, who gives an exceptionnal turnover to all of Vakifbank's players.

Even if I love her, I disagree for Boskovic which seems to be a little underperforming this year (still amazing though). For the best opposite I would name Isabelle Haak or Paola Egonu. I don't follow Japan's championships closely enough to include Annie Drews in this list. She was amazing in 2019 , but I have no idea how she's playing in with Marvelous. If someone knows, I'll be glad to have the information too.

Concerning outside hitters, I agree for Gabi, not really for Zhu Ting. First, because she's playing in the weaker Chinese League and also because she played only one month this year. And her stats were not as good as I excepted. I would have chosen as the second outside hitter Kimberly Hill, Britt Herbots, Michelle Bartsch or even Hanna Orthmann who is doing really good job with Monza.

Also, I picked De Gennaro for the best libero, her digs are out of this world. Didn't follow closely Aköz' season though.

Classement des joueurs de volley-ballQui est la meilleure joueuse de volley-ball de tous les temps ?Afficher le classement des joueursClassement des joueurs de volley-ball
Qui est la meilleure joueuse de volley-ball de tous les temps ?Afficher le classement des joueurs