The Golden era of the French volleyball dynasty. Gold in Tokyo Olympics for France.  FIVB

The Golden era of the French volleyball dynasty. Gold in Tokyo Olympics for France.

John Suen 2021-08-08 • 2667 megtekintés • 17

After a hard fought in the Ariake Aerna in Tokyo, France beat ROC in five to take home their first ever gold in Olympics.

France took the first two set and then ROC came back an took the third and fourth set after changing their setter from Kobzar to Panko and outside hitter from Volkov to Podlesnyhk. France lost 3 points in the beginning of the fifth set giving ROC a big lead but they slowly chip away the lead and with Patry's ace and setter dump by Brizard turn around the set. France took the win after Mikhaylov spray the ball out of bounce.

This is France first ever Gold medal match in Olympics. Their best result in the Olympics prior to Tokyo was their first appearance in the Seoul Olympics in 1988, where coach Laurent Tillie participated as a player in the games, they ended in 8th placed in Seoul. 

The golden generation of French volleyball began in 2007 with their U17 team winning two consecutive U17 European championship. Their major senior success comes in 2014 World championship where they place 4th under Laurent Tillie. In 2015, France won their first ever European Championship and World league title. Despite their disappointing run in Rio Olympics, finishing 9th and did not qualify for the quarterfinals, France made a return to Olympics since Athens. In 2017, they won their second ever World league title. The Tokyo Olympics gold is France's first every major world title.

#France #TheOlympics2021 #LaurentTillie #EarvinNGapeth 

Temporarily disabled
PanicVBUS 55
2 évvel ezelőtt
+3

I think France has the smartest players. Talented, athletic, but so freaking smart.  Trevor Clevenot impressed me two years ago at Milano, and he continues to make plays.

Glad they won.  

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
2 évvel ezelőtt
+3

@PanicVB He has the hard cross, push tips and faint tips and the ball control is amazing.

PanicVBUS 55
2 évvel ezelőtt
+2

@JohnSuen Spot on! His swipe off the block is great as well.  France is loaded with tactically smart players. 

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+2

@PanicVB Yes Clévenot can do everything, he's one of the smartest players in the world. He's a bit like Kovacevic.

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
2 évvel ezelőtt
+2

@Sherlock I would say Clevenot is a bit more consistent and more powerful with his spike, but Kovacevic is definitely a bit more “creative” with his touch. I do like Clevenot has the hardest cross crush.

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@JohnSuen Yes that's true ! That's a good description.

PanicVBUS 55
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@Sherlock @JohnSuen - good calls by both of you. Still wish he had stayed in Italy.

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@PanicVB I would obviously prefer that he stays in Italy instead of Poland, but this Toniutti - Boyer - Clévenot trio is the stuff of dreams !

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@Sherlock Wait when did he move to Poland instead of Turkey

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@JohnSuen His contract was bought by Wegiel a few weeks ago. He replaces Urnaut that had the same situation.

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
2 évvel ezelőtt
+2

@Sherlock Weigel has like 3 Frenchman and Honestly I hope Boyer makes a comeback with his hitting because it’s not good. Also, I have to read translated Polish articles to understand the situation ???

PanicVBUS 55
2 évvel ezelőtt
+2

@Sherlock That is for sure. But had he stayed in Piacenza he would be with Brizzard, and I could watch on the new Volleyworld channel (Hopefully that is going to happen very soon) ?

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+3

This is absolutely incredible !

The coronation of this generation for the last tournament of Laurent Tillie, now Bernardinho is taking the reins and we're going to Paris 2024 !

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
2 évvel ezelőtt
+3

@Sherlock I am pleasantly surprise to see France winning the Olympics. It really comes into a surprise for me. Interestingly they won Poland twice and Russia three times. It really isn't a fluke when they crown themselves as the absolute best in the world. They earn it and they have the numbers to back it. 

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@JohnSuen Yes no one can tell they had an easy draw. ?

John SuenHKAuthor 75 10
2 évvel ezelőtt
+1

@Sherlock They manage to put it through from the pool of death, they manage to beat the team with Leon and they manage to beat tall wall of Russia. It's the second time in a row that a father and son duo won.

S…k 717 16
2 évvel ezelőtt
+2

@JohnSuen Yeah, Laurent Tillie made an amazing job.

He scheduled his first training with the national team on the first day of the 2012 Olympics where the team did not qualify. His goal was a medal at the Olympics and his last match at the helm of the team is a gold medal.
Everything is symbolic.

Röplabda játékosok rangsoraKi a valaha volt legjobb röplabdázó?Játékosok rangsorának mutatásaRöplabda játékosok rangsora
Ki a valaha volt legjobb röplabdázó?Játékosok rangsorának mutatása