French team unveils its roster for VNL

French team unveils its roster for VNL

S…k 2021-04-28 • 7649 wyświetleń • 21

The team will be a good mix between experienced players and young guns, with at least one or two young men who never played in French national team at each post. Note the return of Stephen Boyer after his troubles with N'Gapeth. Here is the list :

Setters : Antoine Brizard, Benjamin Toniutti, Léo Meyer, Thomas Gill

Opposites : Stephen Boyer, Jean Patry, Théo Faure, Jhon Wendt

Middle-blockers : Nicolas Le Goff, Bathélémy Chinenyeze, Kévin Le Roux, Daryl Bultor, Gildas Prévert, Moussé Gueye

Outside hitters : Earvin N'Gapeth, Thibault Rossard, Trévor Clévenot, Kévin Tillie, Julien Lyneel, Yacine Louati, Timothée Carle, Pierre Derouillon

Liberos : Jenia Grebennikov, Benjamin Diez

#France #AntoineBrizard #BenjaminToniutti #LéoMeyer #ThomasGill #StephenBoyer #JeanPatry #ThéoFaure #NicolasLeGoff #BarthélémyChinenyeze #DarylBultor #KévinLeRoux #GildasPrévert #MousséGueye #EarvinNGapeth #ThibaultRossard #TrévorClévenot #KévinTillie #JulienLyneel #YacineLouati #TimothéeCarle #PierreDerouillon #JeniaGrebennikov #BenjaminDiez #KévinTillie  #JhonWendt #VolleyballNationsLeague2021 

21 komentarzy

John SuenHK 75 10
2 lat temu
+1

Late to the conversation. I love to see Boyer coming back to the national team. I hope Ngapeth and Boyer can put their past behind and concentrate on the national team. I think Boyer and Patry is definitely one of the best Opposite duo you can ask because they play at a similar level and there won't be a drop in level when one isn't playing their A game. Definitely would eye on how Le Roux is doing after taking a long break in volleyball, I hope he is back on track. If it is a 14 man team, I am pretty sure it is difficult to fit all OH into it.

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+1

@JohnSuen I completely agree, we are so lucky to have Stephen and Jean as opposites, both of them are so good !

I'm waiting to see Le Roux too, I hope we can have some videos from their training course. And for the Olympics it will be even more difficult, only a 12 man team !

John SuenHK 75 10
2 lat temu
+1

@Sherlock  

I think Earvin, Toniutti and Grebennikov is a lock in the 12 man roster. Next thing would be Brizard, Boyer and Patry because they have the insurance quality when it comes to replacing starters.

The remaining spots are 6 spots comes down to the outside hitters, middle blockers and an extra spot.

I think Chinenyeze is pretty much a lock for one the spots for MB because his attack and blocking abilities. Even though he is shorter than the twin towers, he is very skillful. 

I don't think they will bring two libero, instead they will bring a outside hitter with a lot of libero qualities. It will either be Tillie or Lyneel.

The other two OH spot comes down to Louati, Rossard and Clevenot. It will be a difficult decision since three of them are pretty capable. Three of them can receive, can hit and are decent hitters. What it comes down to is how they fit into the game. I think Louati does have the advantage because of the 2020 Qualifiers and he has proven himself that he can get things done. That being said, Rossard and Clevenot have the Olympic experience. As I mentioned before, it will depend on how they fit into the game and how they perform in the VNL and practices.

I think Le Goff is pretty secured in terms of going into the Olympics being just behind Chinenyeze. What is the uncertainty when it comes to choosing is the MB spot. I think Le Roux has a very great chance to go into another Olympic games, if he scores and does his part in the games. If he is still a little beaten up by injures or very inconsistent I think it's the spot for him to lose. I do not think Daryl Bultor will be included in a 12 man roster if Le Roux does his job.

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu

@JohnSuen I pretty much agree with you on that. In France everyone agrees on that team :

Toniutti, Brizard

N'Gapeth, Rossard, Clévenot (+ Tillie or Louati, maybe Tim Carle if he's great at trainings or Lyneel whether he's in form or not)

Patry (Boyer obviously if his problem with N'Gapeth is behind them, or Rossard can do very well at the opposite position)

Chinenyeze, Le Goff (The question for the third middle-blocker is, Le Roux or Bultor ? we have no informations on Kevin's abilities)

Grebennikov (no need for another libero)

If Boyer is not is the team, Rossard will be the 2nd opposite that's sure, Faure and Wendt are too light to go to the Olympics (Faure is 21 though, he will be there in Paris 2024). That means that we could take both Le Roux and Bultor.
It Boyer comes we could take only one substitute for middle-blockers.

John SuenHK 75 10
2 lat temu
+1

@Sherlock I wish them all the luck. I hope to see them medal.

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+1

@JohnSuen Thanks a lot, we wish too. That would be a great reward for them. ?

gryfny_bergmannPL 75 2
2 lat temu
+2

Boyer got 2nd big chance after contract in Jastrzębski

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+1

@gryfny_bergmann Yes that's great to see him again with the French jersey. But he's not is the same training session than Earvin, let's see how it ends up.

J. P.NL 135 3
2 lat temu
+2

@gryfny_bergmann now he only has to prove himself… 

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+2

@J.P. He had a weird season with 3 different clubs including 2 in Qatar, a weak league, let's hope in did not affect his game. And all the discussions and debates around him this year were difficult.
Stephen at his best is a monster, we really need and appreciate him.

gryfny_bergmannPL 75 2
2 lat temu
+2

@Sherlock I hope so, i'll be so happy if he would come back to his level from 2017/8. 

It would be good for French nt and his future club (people in Silesia are very demanding, they know sth about hard work). In JW he is replacing Al Hachdadi (who was very stable) and he will have Hadrava on his back.

J. P.NL 135 3
2 lat temu
+2

@gryfny_bergmann Omg yes I would love to see that. I always thought that Boyer was one of the most bouncy players

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+1

@gryfny_bergmann I remember his match against Italy at the 2019 European Championships, it was an absolute masterclass of volleyball.
I'm sure he can do big things.

And for Jasztrebski, the good thing is that he gets along well with Toniutti.

gryfny_bergmannPL 75 2
2 lat temu
+3

@J.P. he is amazing fast on the court. JW is going to play very fastly - Urnaut is coming too.

@Sherlock he will have a lot equals in team as Fornal, Popiwczak or Szymura. I hope that the atmosphere in club will be very helpfull for this still young, talented guy

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu

@gryfny_bergmann Yes, I'll watch carefully the matches of this beautiful team next year !

VolleyTurcoTR 67 4
2 lat temu
+2

Kévin Le Roux????

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+2

@VolleyTurco He'll probably only be a sparring-partner, he hasn't played a single match for more than a year. Jonas Aguenier, who had a great season in Italy, must be disgusted to see his place taken by someone who hasn't been playing for a while.

VolleyTurcoTR 67 4
2 lat temu
+2

@Sherlock You are right. But I think the coach made a selection of players by looking at the overall performance. Le Roux is one of France's best middle players. Le Roux is a very strong middle blocker who is both highly experienced and has received multiple awards. He can attack much higher. Le Roux was there when France got successful result in the 2018 VNL. I would also choose Le Roux. But the coach should give other players a chance from time to time. 

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+2

@VolleyTurco Yes you're right also Kévin is a great element for the group, and they have been playing together for more than a decade so it's good that he's here. But I am sure that Aguenier would have been better than Prévert and Gueye.

J. P.NL 135 3
2 lat temu
+1

@Sherlock Indeed such a shame to see Aguenier not on this list… man he was great for Verona imo.

S…kAuthor 717 16
2 lat temu
+1

@J.P. Yes he was great.. I'm not sure Prévert and Gueye will make it to the VNL anyway, but he surely deserves a selection much more than them.

Ranking najlepszych siatkarzy w historiiKto jest najlepszym siatkarzem w historii?Zobacz ranking siatkarzyRanking najlepszych siatkarzy w historii
Kto jest najlepszym siatkarzem w historii?Zobacz ranking siatkarzy