Welcome in Volleyball-Movies 3.1

Volleybox 2015-03-16 • 5980 visualizações • 4

Welcome in Volleyball-Movies 3.1

It is my great pleasure and privilege to announce the official opening of new version of Volleyball Movies. V-m 3.1 is system where you could describe volleyball history by creating relations between elements of volleyball world (players, teams, arenas, tournaments and matches). Volleyball-Movies 3.1 should work properly also on mobile devices.

V-m 3.1 would be ready in October 2013, but I made the biggest mistake of my life and I started postgraduate studies. After finishing studies I spent 5 and a half months on writing new v-m.

I would like to thank przemek16 for spending tens of hours on collecting a data to vm 3.1, despite the difficult period in his life. He also tested that system. I would like also to thank Designinho user for creating great icons of some cups: World Cup, CEV Cup, World Championships, Club World Championships and European League.

So...

What's new?

1. Arenas

In the "arenas" section you could sort arenas by add date, number of views, name, build year, capacity and number of fans. You could also filter them by choosing type of arena (beach/hall/stadium) or typing address. You are able to add new arenas to the system (but it needs to be accepted by some of admins). You could add halls, football stadiums and beach stadiums. While adding new items to the systems possible duplicates are detected.

All logged users are able to add movies, news, clubs and matches to some arena. You could post comment in the arena's guestbook and like some arena.

2. Teams

In the "teams" section you could sort indoor clubs and national teams by add date, number of views, name, founded year and number of fans. You could also filter them by choosing type of team (club/national team), gender, age, country or typing town of club. You are able to add only clubs to the system. All national teams are currently added to the database. Every country has 6 national teams (senior men, senior women, U21 men, U20 women, U19 men and U18 women).

Every logged user could add team's movies, news, places of team in tournaments, club's halls, matches and players. You could post comment on team's guestbook and like some team. Admins are able to add alternative names of clubs (unfortunately names of clubs in volleyball are changing all the time).

3. Players

In the "players" section you could find beach and indoor players. You could find some player by type (beach/indoor/beach and indoor), gender, country and position. You could sort them by add date, views, first name, last name, birthdate, weight, height, spike reach, block reach and number of fans. So you could find for example highest men wing-spikers in Brazil.

Every logged user could add news and movies of indoor and beach players. You are also able to add clubs and awards in tournaments of some indoor player. In case of beach players you could add their partners and places in beach tournaments. For both types of players there are displayed matches of their teams. Users are able to like some player and post comments in his guestbook.

4. Tournaments

"Tournaments" section you could find by clicking on button "All tournaments" in Matches section. There is list of historical tournaments, which you could sort by add date, date, number of views, name and number of fans. By filtering them you could find some tournament.

You are able to add new tournament and everything connected with it: movies, news, teams classification, arenas, matches and awards for best players. You could like some tournament.

5. Matches

In the "Matches" section you could find results of historical matches sorted by their date. You are able to add new matches.

6. Favorites

In users profiles you could see someone's favorites arenas, teams, players and tournaments. You could create your own "Favorites" list.

7. My ranking points

In the right side of your profile you could see amount of your ranking points. Now you get extra points to your ranking for adding new items to the database.

8. Search option

Logged users:

Not logged users:

In the top menu you could search all items added to database by typing letters in user-friendly autocompleter. Finally I have resolved problem of changing names of clubs all the time. In the search field there are displayed also alternative names of clubs. For example when you will type "Bre Banca Cuneo" you will see that club but after choosing it you will be redirected to the "Piemonte Volley" page.

9. Teams ranking

In the Volleyball-Movies 3.1 you could find ranking of the best teams in the history.  Rankings are based on the positions of teams in tournaments, which have been added by registered users of Volleyball-Movies.net. Rankings are refreshed every Monday. Every tournament has rank and every place in tournament has own ratio, thereby team gain specified amount of ranking points by taking a specific place in the tournament.

There are 12 team rankings:

• men senior national teams
  • men U21 national teams
  • men U19 national teams
  • men senior clubs
  • men U21 clubs
  • men U19 clubs
  • women senior national teams
  • women U20 national teams
  • women U18 national teams
  • women senior clubs
  • women U20 clubs
  • women U18 clubs

10. Players ranking

There is also ranking of the best volleyball players in the history. Rankings are based on the positions of player's teams in tournaments and individual awards for players, which have been added by registered users of Volleyball-Movies.net. Rankings are refreshed every Monday. Every tournament has rank and every place in tournament has own ratio, thereby team's player gains specified amount of ranking points by taking a specific place in the tournament. Moreover adding points for individual awards rank of tournament and award ratio are considered.

There are 4 players rankings:

• men indoor players
  • women indoor players
  • men beach players
  • women beach players

11. Movies section

Movies section was completely rebuilt. Now there are just 7 main movies category (not divided into tournaments). You could filter movies by gender, ground, tournament. You could find movie with specified song. In case of players movies you could filter them by country and position of player.

I'm glad to tell you that now I will work on some new features on v-m which are not available on other websites about volleyball.

#Volleyboxnet

Temporarily disabled
Wilfredo_is_MarshallRS 4186 20
9 anos atrás
@chrison

Ivan Miljkovic suppose to be ranked first:

https://volleybox.net/fanclubs/discussion/pdf-report-ranking-of-the-best-volleyball-players-in-the-history-125
Also, for the matches it sucks that you have to put them in yourself, I thought you can choose and it would show you right away (like application SofaScore). You should partner up with SofaScore and then you will get automatic updates fom all the vball leagues and competitions.

I'll help by adding photos for arenas and players and maybe add a few competitions like CEV one.

Update: I tried adding teams for Champ. League, but it takes forever to scroll through the teams, need a search function (like search for the team by typing it in and the press enter to add it)

Also, instead of having to partner up with SofaScore, you can just find a similar site and embed it into vball movies.

Update 2: 3.1 looks good buts some minor stats errors in the players (Simon is suppose to be 2nd in the Highest Reach) Stats need to be updated, but if you allow public to mess with stats this will be bad. Its up to you. I can be the stats editor, I know all the stats pretty well and i can accompany the stats with official sources.

@chrison I hope yo see this (this is starting to turn into a pretty long comment! ? )

Update 3: Adding photos does not work on computer, but works on mobile

Update 4: How do you add a player to your favorites?? I tried to add a player, but it sasy "Only can add 4 players", but I already have 9
VolleyboxAuthor 440
8 anos atrás
+1
@Wilfredo_is_Marshall:

Ivan Miljkovic suppose to be ranked first

Thanks to your work Ivan is first now ?

Also, for the matches it sucks that you have to put them in yourself, I thought you can choose and it would show you right away (like application SofaScore). You should partner up with SofaScore and then you will get automatic updates fom all the vball leagues and competitions.

I want to have own score system.

Update: I tried adding teams for Champ. League, but it takes forever to scroll through the teams, need a search function (like search for the team by typing it in and the press enter to add it)

You have right. That select lists are unpractical. I have changed them for autocompleters in some places. There will be more autocompleters soon. Keep waiting.

Update 2: 3.1 looks good buts some minor stats errors in the players (Simon is suppose to be 2nd in the Highest Reach) Stats need to be updated, but if you allow public to mess with stats this will be bad. Its up to you. I can be the stats editor, I know all the stats pretty well and i can accompany the stats with official sources.

Stats added by users are verified by admins. You could write here (or on pm) about some incorrect data.

Adding photos does not work on computer, but works on mobile

I will try to fix it for your browser (Safari) soon.

Update 4: How do you add a player to your favorites?? I tried to add a player, but it sasy "Only can add 4 players", but I already have 9

Treat it as a gift ?
8 anos atrás
@chrison: thank you replying to my long post, I was waiting for the reply! ?
VolleyboxAuthor 440
8 anos atrás
[comentário removido]
8 anos atrás
@chrison: Do you anything about the link bug?
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking