Where would you buy/start a pro team in Europe?

PanicVB 55
+3
2020-07-07 • 1714 Aufrufe • 12 replies

Okay this is a strange topic - but I was chatting with my son about Americans playing in Europe, since we don't have a pro league in the States yet. (full season, home cities, etc).

I was thinking Belgium - low cost to travel.  Good competition. Easy for Americans to play there. Low budgets, so could spend some money and get into Europe.

Germany would be up there - but not sure if they have the same 50+1 rule that they have for football.

Poland - great league, very competitive would take longer to get into battling for the league, but great chance to be profitable sooner.

Any thoughts?

NOTE: I have not won the lottery, this was just a fun exercise  :)

#GermanBundesliga202021 #Plusliga201920 #BelgianLigaA202021

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre
+1

Almost 50 views, but no comments.  

vor 3 Jahre
+1

Italy for sure. They have rich culture in volleyball, you can always buy a pro team in Italy with great players and high attention. Just win a lottery! A top pro team budget is 4-5 million euros. But you can start with lower budget with less excellent players.

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@ojvolleyball That would be my number 1 choice. I'll be buying a few lottery tickets tomorrow. 

I'm thinking Bergamo would be the place to do it.  Not too big, not too small. Good volleyball culture... 2nd division, so could rise up quickly.

vor 3 Jahre
+1

@PanicVB  I will pick Sorrento, a very beautiful seaside city in south Italia. less cost but good place to live.
I will buy a cruise and turn it into a volleyball hall. People get aboard to watch volleyball match. We play on the sea!! First, I need to win some lotteries. 

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@ojvolleyball That's a great idea!  

I think I'd prefer the north, stronger area for volleyball, economics and football.  Other option would be around Florence.

vor 3 Jahre
+1

Italy for sure. Just win a lottery! A top pro team budget is 4-5 million euros. But you can start with lower budget with less excellent players.

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre
+1

@AldinPlećan Sadly, I didn't win the lottery :(

vor 3 Jahre

@PanicVB I'm young talented outside hitter looking for a club. Text me.

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre

@AldinPlećan sadly, I don't have a club.  

vor 3 Jahre

In Italy..

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre

What's in Italy? 

PanicVBAuthor 55
vor 3 Jahre
+1

After reading Watten's story, I think I'd look at France. Budgets are lower, and would still be a great option. 

SpielerrankingWer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigenSpielerranking
Wer ist der beste Volleyballspieler aller Zeiten?Spielerranking anzeigen