Where would you buy/start a pro team in Europe?

PanicVB 55
+3
2020-07-07 • 1712 defa görüntülendi • 12 replies

Okay this is a strange topic - but I was chatting with my son about Americans playing in Europe, since we don't have a pro league in the States yet. (full season, home cities, etc).

I was thinking Belgium - low cost to travel.  Good competition. Easy for Americans to play there. Low budgets, so could spend some money and get into Europe.

Germany would be up there - but not sure if they have the same 50+1 rule that they have for football.

Poland - great league, very competitive would take longer to get into battling for the league, but great chance to be profitable sooner.

Any thoughts?

NOTE: I have not won the lottery, this was just a fun exercise  :)

#GermanBundesliga202021 #Plusliga201920 #BelgianLigaA202021

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce
+1

Almost 50 views, but no comments.  

3 yıl önce
+1

Italy for sure. They have rich culture in volleyball, you can always buy a pro team in Italy with great players and high attention. Just win a lottery! A top pro team budget is 4-5 million euros. But you can start with lower budget with less excellent players.

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce
+1

@ojvolleyball That would be my number 1 choice. I'll be buying a few lottery tickets tomorrow. 

I'm thinking Bergamo would be the place to do it.  Not too big, not too small. Good volleyball culture... 2nd division, so could rise up quickly.

3 yıl önce
+1

@PanicVB  I will pick Sorrento, a very beautiful seaside city in south Italia. less cost but good place to live.
I will buy a cruise and turn it into a volleyball hall. People get aboard to watch volleyball match. We play on the sea!! First, I need to win some lotteries. 

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce
+1

@ojvolleyball That's a great idea!  

I think I'd prefer the north, stronger area for volleyball, economics and football.  Other option would be around Florence.

3 yıl önce
+1

Italy for sure. Just win a lottery! A top pro team budget is 4-5 million euros. But you can start with lower budget with less excellent players.

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce
+1

@AldinPlećan Sadly, I didn't win the lottery :(

3 yıl önce

@PanicVB I'm young talented outside hitter looking for a club. Text me.

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce

@AldinPlećan sadly, I don't have a club.  

3 yıl önce

In Italy..

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce

What's in Italy? 

PanicVBAuthor 55
3 yıl önce
+1

After reading Watten's story, I think I'd look at France. Budgets are lower, and would still be a great option. 

Voleybolcular SıralamasıGelmiş geçmiş en iyi voleybolcu kim?Oyuncular sıralamasını gösterVoleybolcular Sıralaması
Gelmiş geçmiş en iyi voleybolcu kim?Oyuncular sıralamasını göster