[Declined] Classic & Beach sections instead Men & Women

2020-12-11 • 1744 defa görüntülendi • 9 replies

There are 3 sections Volleybox represents:

1. Women
  2. Men
  3. Beach

But Beach volley also played by men and women → Men Beach, Women Beach should be present.

It is not clear why Volleybox should be divided by gender when there is a Gender filter.

Expected: combine into 2 site sections - Classic, Beach

Vitalii LatyshAuthor 81 11
3 yıl önce
+2

Who are you -1? Could you please show yourself and explain your position? Maybe we found some great solution together

Volleybox 440
3 yıl önce
+1
  1. As I understand you want to present by default only men content by entering all pages. So if someone is interested only with women volleyball he should change the filters all the time (on the every single page). Are we going to make it more difficult for users to use the website?
  2. Merging domains volleybox.net with women.volleybox.net will take a lot of time. It means that no other functionality will be able to be implemented during the implementation of merging the domains.
3 yıl önce
+1

@Volleybox 

→ As I understand you want to present by default only men content by entering all pages.

Nope. As a user, I want to see - Classic, Beach, Snow, etc. Classic is mixed with men and women. Mixed means - show all men and women content together until a user decided what she/he wants to see. She/he doesn't have this choice now. If I only want to see the beach volley, cause the world season started, every time I need to switch from the men, and vice versa.

→ if someone is interested only with women volleyball he should change the filters all the time (on every single page)

Nope. If a user wants to see women, let her/him see women. If she/he wants to see women AND men, let the user has this option - checkbox/toggle in profile settings. If the user not logged in, let's show classic men by default OR classic mixed (men and women), etc.

→ Merging domains volleybox.net with women.volleybox.net will take a lot of time. It means that no other functionality will be able to be implemented during the implementation of merging the domains.

As a suggestion, it can be done on the separated/stage/test whatever env at first. After the new functionality met all expectations, passed the quality gates, beta tests, all this stuff, the same as it happened for PWA. BTW, is PWA in prod already?

Volleybox 440
3 yıl önce
+2

@VitaliiLatysh I don't see any business value on doing it.

PWA is on prod.

3 yıl önce

@Volleybox at least for the sake of logic value. There are men, women boxes are present. At the same time women beach, men beach are skipped - they combined in Beach section. Could someone explain why?

S…k 717 16
3 yıl önce

@VitaliiLatysh It helps that there are no clubs in beach. Database is limited to players and tournaments, it is sufficient to merge both sections. Beach volleybox isn't used a lot by people, it would be even less used if it was separated in two distinct sections.

3 yıl önce
+1

@Volleybox the platform uses a separate database for men, women, and beach sections, doesn't it?

Volleybox 440
3 yıl önce
+2
3 yıl önce
+1

Thanks to everybody who participated in the discussion for your time and patience. Will close this.

Temporarily disabled
Voleybolcular SıralamasıGelmiş geçmiş en iyi voleybolcu kim?Oyuncular sıralamasını gösterVoleybolcular Sıralaması
Gelmiş geçmiş en iyi voleybolcu kim?Oyuncular sıralamasını göster