vatreni 275
2012-06-10 • 2984 views • 17 replies
Does anyone knows groups for OG? I read that in one group will be: Italy, Poland, Bulgaria, Argentina, Great Britain and Tunisia, and second one will be: Brazil, Russia, USA, Serbia, Germany and Australia.
So is it true? Maybe somebody can confirm.

#TheOlympics2012

stifler93 26 2
11 years ago
In the first group instead of Tunisia is Australia and the other way arround - Tunisia is in the second group with Brazil
vatreniAuthor 275 12
11 years ago
Aha.
Group A Group B
Italy Brazil
Bulgaria Russia
Poland Serbia
Argentina USA
UK Germany
Australia Tunisia
vatreniAuthor 275 12
11 years ago
I am sorry, I try to put groups horizontal but without success. Well, group A: Italy, Poland, Bulgaria, Argentina, GB and Australia. Group B: Brazil, Russia, Serbia, USA, Germany and Tunisia.
Joachim7 321 4
11 years ago
Group B looks much stronger in my opinion...
BTW there are 7 teams out of 12 coming from europe and still no weak teams in these ones except host GB of course.
What do you think guys about the fact that there must be one team from Asia and Africa even if they will probably be destroyed by every other team?
I personaly think that a WC or a WCH can be more difficult than the olympics in terms of concurrence.Of course during the OG every team is highly motivated witch make the OG unforgettable but in terms of concurrence it could be better am I wrong?
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
Joachim7

think that a WC or a WCH can be more difficult than the olympics in terms of concurrence

Olympics are the TOP competion in the world. To have an idea, almost all national teams use the Olympic Games to initiate or end an "cycle" or "era", as some say....

there must be one team from Asia and Africa

that's is what Olympics are for: Unite the World. Besides the sport, do you have an idea of something else that can do that? 'cause I don't. And even the smallest countries/teams have the right to fight for something.

vatreniAuthor 275 12
11 years ago
I say that earlier. For me is much difficult to won medal at WCH or ECH than OG, but Olympics are most important because like Renan says initiate end of one cycle.
Joachim7 321 4
11 years ago
I agree with you Vatreni ;-)
boniu1991 41 2
11 years ago
Looks like in group A everething is clear opposite to group B. It will be a great tournament.

BTW. It is great that we'll be able to see really the bests teams on earth - 9 of them for sure. I'll add only France, Cuba and maybe Czech Republic instead of Gr. Britain, Tunisia, Australia.
vatreniAuthor 275 12
11 years ago
Cuba and France missing of course, and I think Iran or Canada.
Joachim7 321 4
11 years ago
Iran and Canada aren't on the same level as the teams mentioned above.In this case you could had Finland,Japan and some others I forgot...
France doesn't deserve a spot in my opinion.They had two opportunities and were beaten by better teams each time...Czech republic would be a better choice ;-)
vatreniAuthor 275 12
11 years ago
In Europe we have many good teams, which are not qualified: France, Finland, Belgium,Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain... I think every of those teams deserve to play in London before Tunisia and GB? I like Iranians and they way of playing, and I think they are in close future will be very strong opponent.
boniu1991 41 2
11 years ago
Beside - Iran could win a place in a battle with Australia, but they lost.
carfe_91 1 1
11 years ago
Men's schedule

Pool A: GB, Italy, Poland, Argentina, Bulgaria and Australia
Pool B: Brazil, Russia, USA, Serbia, Germany and Tunisia.
Joachim7 321 4
11 years ago
LOL?
It's official guys, we have more spammers than normal users on this site...
11 years ago
group b is very competitive, very attractive to see.
zoey 9 2
11 years ago
Probably GB as host done everything to have easier way to semifinals. But I think even with that group they won't be in the best four teams of group A...
Joachim7 321 4
11 years ago
They will be last...They are very weak and I thnik even Australia will beat them
Get volleyball job offersAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offersGet volleyball job offers
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offers