McIntosh Signs Pro Contract with Austria’s Hypo Tirol - All-EIVA libero also invited to Team USA

McIntosh Signs Pro Contract with Austria’s Hypo Tirol - All-EIVA libero also invited to Team USA

Timothy McIntosh 2022-05-27 • 249 views

FAIRFIELD, Conn. – While he can no longer wear a Sacred Heart University jersey, that doesn't mean former men's volleyball student-athlete Tim McIntosh '21 is done competing. The former Pioneer has a pair of great opportunities to play internationally this summer.

Starting in August, McIntosh will play for Hypo Tirol in the Austrian League out of Innsbruck, Austria. The team is coming off its first season in the top division of the Austrian League. Training camp runs through the end of September with matches slated for October through May.

"I think we will have a lot of fun with Tim," Hypo Tirol head coach Stefan Chrtiansky said. "Timothy has the potential to make the big leap. He moves almost like Erik Shoji, who played for us in 2013-14 season then made it to the top Russian club Novosibirsk."

Prior to his departure for Europe, McIntosh has been invited to training camp for Team USA in Anaheim, Calif. as it prepares for the Pan American Cup. The first competition is slated for July 2-11 in Mexico as well as August 6-14 in Canada.

"Getting back into the national team gym was a goal that I've been working towards for a while now and I'm pumped to get out to California to start training," McIntosh said. "I'm also feeling very blessed to have the opportunity to play overseas! I'm one of eight American liberos that are playing abroad and I'm so fortunate to be able to continue my career at the next level."

During his collegiate career, McIntosh earned a pair of All-EIVA honors, including a First-Team selection in 2020. A native of Miami, Fla., he ranked sixth in the NCAA in 2021 at 2.51 digs per set.

https://sacredheartpioneers.com/news/2022/5/27/mens-volleyball-mcintosh-signs-pro-contract-with-austrias-hypo-tirol.aspx

#TimothyMcIntosh 

0 comments

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking