Add statistics report link to each match

+3
2020-07-15 • 374 views • 8 replies

I like to use Volleybox because it's a useful database. 

Sometime I can use it to quickly to check the record of old matches. But one thing still bothers me that besides checking the results of matches. I normally will look up the statistics as well. Because it's important to value players' performance.  I hope Statistics link can be added to matches so that people can easily see the result as well as can click the link direct to the statistics. 

#Volleyboxnet 

Volleybox 430
6 months ago
+1

Added to the TODO list.

sitenoise 252 7
6 months ago
+4

I've asked for this, too. I love sources. Would also like to see Set results. 

I like Wikipedia's template, which is pretty close to our volleybox layout (referees and attendance optional) but understand there's a gigantic TODO list here even if it is something that would be useful or fit design parameters:

VB
Wiki
6 months ago
+1

@sitenoise  me like sources too. I keep tracking attendance & ticket income data all the time. It's very useful to discuss about commercial development in volleyball community. I hope Volleybox would add those features one day. 

Volleybox 430
3 months ago
+4

Feature suggested by you have been already implemented.

There is “Add report” button for each match:

You can paste URL to already existing resource in internet (some image) or upload file on our server. Reports needs administrator acceptation.

@sitenoise it could be interesting also for you.

3 months ago
+3

@Volleybox That's great! Thank you very much!

sitenoise 252 7
3 months ago
+1

@Volleybox I love adding reports. Would it be possible to add the ability to paste in a report URL right when you are adding a match? Adding a match and then having to go through all that additional clicking to add the report is slowing me down :)

Volleybox 430
2 months ago

@sitenoise it is possible, but I doubt it makes sense.

According to UX principles forms should be as short as possible and adding each additional field reduces the number of users who will submit the form. That's why a lot of websites needs only login and password during the registration process instead of getting a long list of informations from you (birthday, gender, country etc.).

Adding the report url field will confuse users.

Some solution is showing that field only for you.

sitenoise 252 7
2 months ago
+2

@Volleybox  I'll take it :) , or maybe for moderators only. 

I understand what you are saying

It's not that bad if one is just adding a handful of the day's scores, but going to a tournament and adding 108 matches all at once .. yikes! I don't know how many people do that, or how many more times I'll do it. But I've done it a lot up to now and that additional step of adding the reports was fatiguing.

Volleyball clubs reviewsVolleyball clubs reviews
0 0