« 1 2

Zyta 1332 11
11 years ago
+2
Nagor to niech ten kolega zadzwoni do jego agenta, no chyba ze woli sie nie osmieszac, bo smiechem jego agent na te wiesci zareagowal. Po pierwsze Vivo/Minas ma mlodych szostkowych przyjmujacych zakontraktowanych. Po drugie Giba chce stworzyc wlasny klub, zwiazany indywidualnym kontraktem ze SKY bedzie mial ich za tytularnego sponsora albo ostatecznie wyladuje w Volei Futuro.
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
+5
Can we all please, for the love of God, stop this useless discussion and get back to volleyball?
You guys 're looking like cajoled spoiled childs, don't know how to handle with different opnions
pesazi 73 3
11 years ago
+3

1st. "Don't behave like a teen..." is just a silly argument making you look even worse. People usually say things like that when they have nothing to say ?
2nd. Don't tell me that USA won Olympic gold because of Brasil problems.

I'm the silly one because I don't like to be called stupid? Come on, that's ridiculous. I don't care who you are, but if you're not a teen you maybe should stop using this "?" stuff, usually used by 12 year old kids.
As for the Olympics, in general you're right and there should be no excuses made. And USA absolutely deserved it. A well known Brazilian who left this forum because he couldn't take the ignorance anymore once said Brazil should have never advanced to the final.
But even Doug Beal said afterwards Brazil wasn't at its best. He had said he was glad Ricardo wasn't in Beijing after they won WL. Giba was injured, Murilo played improvised as an opposite, and Rodrigao didn't even played the final. Need more?

Millar is a good blocker and contributed to the success, but he is not the reason for it and other middles could've done the same. Lee is way better. Whatever you think a star is, Millar is nowhere near the top ten MB, therefore not outstanding and no star. Compare his skills and his career to middles like Gustavo, Mastrangelo, Hübner or even young Simon and you'll understand. See, simple as that.

what makes Kurek a star? For example, maybe a little fact that Dynamo Moscow wanted him in their team, the same time that Zenit bought Juantorena to their team

Great argument! So every player in Moscow is a star? Kaziyski was a star too when he came to Moscow? Do you understand the difference between made players and talents? Kurek is a huge talent, but he has a long way to go until he gets a star status. It's an investment in the future for Dynamo. Kurek has to learn to take the game over when the team needs him. He has to learn to decide matches for his own team, not for the opponent. Those are the most important qualities of a star, and Kurek just does not have them yet. Many talents couldn't learn this all career long.
Somebody told me a joke that Zenit is happy to see Kurek in Moscow, as they can be sure to not lose against them anymore. You know, golden set 2010/2011, CL final 2012...
saku 1032 9
11 years ago
now you are absolutely right, nothing to add

Somebody told me a joke that Zenit is happy to see Kurek in Moscow, as they can be sure to not lose against them anymore. You know, golden set 2010/2011, CL final 2012...

? god damn right
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
+1
pesazi - Kurek will earn 700 000 euro a year in Moscow btw. Information from polish site. But apart from that everyone has his own opinion about who is a star for him and who isn't but you seem to think that your opinion was the only true on earth and like you knew it all, for example you said that nobody knows and cares about best polish players outside of Europe, so probably you are very informed, maybe you have some intel system all over the world or something. Maybe you know what people in Camerun or Ethiopia think of Poland too, tell me, I would want to know) If Poland has a star in volleyball I think it is Kurek. And Poland lately was in top form and one of the best teams in the world (3 times 3d place in important tournaments if i remember it well) so dont' be so shocked that he is considered a star by somebody cause it's annoying. Maybe you don't think he is but it's not that strange. If outside Europe are people who don't know any Polish player yet than maybe they're just ignorants or they don't watch volleyball, cause if any team in the world was in top places in top tournaments like Poland last year or more I would notice best players from that team for sure.
foxmulder 20 1
11 years ago
About Giba If he really want 500000 for a season in Poland than he must be delusional? That's tooooo much for Polish teams. But maybe Skra took some money from Dynamo for Kurek. There is a hope, but definetely not 500 000 for Giba.
raylight 3006 15
11 years ago
USA grabbed their chance and used it on maximum as any team should do. Brazil was not on 100%, Bulgaria underestimated the importance of the league, USA went to get the golden experience and later they were unstoppable, not so much because of pure volleyball dominance, but because of will to win, combined with intelligence and cold blood - they won with tiebreaks, so they didn't destroy the opponents, but outsmarted them
NXT 241 3
11 years ago
+1
Nope pesazi - you're not silly because you don't like to be called stupid. Nobody does. Calling someone you don't like "teen" just because you disagree with him/her makes you look silly (for me of course). And yeah... I can agree that Millar is worse then David and nowhere near Simon or Mastrangelo but it doesn't mean he's not a great player ;]
zamboni 3 1
11 years ago
+7
Being a star has nothing to do with the player's age, or his present skills. It has to do with his ability to draw the fans' attention and upgrade a league's prestige with his presence. Giba is definitely such a player. A possible transfer would increase international interest for the Polish League and more important, it will attract other world class players to PLS.

There are many great players who came to Greek League relatively old (Marcelinho at 30 - Gerić at 31 - Ball, Grbić, Zagumny at 32 - Milinković, Herpe at 33 - Bernardi at 37), but helped impressively to fill the halls and to increase the interest of greek fans for volleyball...

The financial part is an issue, but as long as there is proper management, I believe it isn't a problem (usually sponsors have major contributions in such transfers)...

« 1 2

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking