What is more important: club success or NT succsess?

vatreni 275
2012-04-11 • 3358 views • 25 replies
Before couple days I was talking with my friends about this question, and it seems like very interesting topic. For example, for Polish fans is it more important that SKRA wins Champions league or World club championship or Poland wins medal at ECH,WCH or OG? I am very interested in your opinion about this question. I think that most important is NT success, but one of mine friends said that club success is one the first place:) What is more important: club success or NT succsess?
EdoKaglie 432 4
12 years ago
For me ... NT success!
12 years ago
NT sucess é mais importante para a sua população e é sempre um motivo de orgulho para os seus ?
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago

think club success is easier than NT success. Simple reason for that is you can buy few players and fill in the gaps on club level

disagree, cause others club can do the same

maybe club success are easier because clubs play more competition so they can win something, and most of that competition got a formula based on 2 or more matches for each round, but that easiness isn't based on players level (look ECL semifinal Trento-Kazan... i'm prett sure that Trento will win 8 matches on 10, but in a single match anything is possible)
Overlook 280 5
12 years ago
+1
Once we discussed about it a little bit (https://volleybox.net/osmany-juantorena-3rd-movie-m2352). So I can repeat that for me the most important is NT, but there is a question what for fans mean success? In club's volleyball the title of World Club Championship isn't any success for me, but f.e. I would more appreciate Skra's win in CL (but if they weren't organizer) than 3rd place of my NT at last ECH.
12 years ago
Isn't it just great that players who had to play the whole club season against each others now can meet in one team and train together before the London ? ? They are also representing the place where they were born, so I'm sure that every player who's playing with his NT must be very proud of it ? On the other hand, we have Mariusz Wlazły, and for him playing for club is probably more important cause he didn't talk with coach about playing in NT ?
Nagor 1445 14
12 years ago
Of course NT succes!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Excluding Brazil NT golden time, club volleyball is of higher level than NTvolleyball, with tougher and more equal opponents generally. For me NT success is more important, but for some club fans probably is the contrary ?
vatreniAuthor 275 12
12 years ago
+2
Champion when you mentioned Kolakovic I saw him today?
I think that club successes are instant. It is easy to buy player if you have money, but in the NT you must produce your own players. for example, look Turkish and Greek clubs. They have results, but their NT are not competitive.
Milka 116 3
12 years ago
NT. It's obvious ?
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+2
NT is more important. The spirit is different and the players don't play for the money - they play for their flag.
12 years ago
Definetely playing for club is work for MONEY...playing for NT is work for HEART...that's the point
vatreniAuthor 275 12
12 years ago
kapitan bomba, I absolutely agree with you.
vatreniAuthor 275 12
12 years ago
+2
champion you are right. he is favorite person among people., especially after last two years and wining bronze at WCH and gold at the ECH? Konstantinov is a great player and person, something like Kolakovic. great player not only does he have to be a good player, also a good person. BTW, Serbian coaches feel a deep respect towards Bulgarian volleyball!
vatreniAuthor 275 12
12 years ago
+3
if we truly speaking Bulgaria has much bigger volleyball tradition in comparison to Serbia. Serbia starts to winning medals since 1995, Bulgaria much earlier?
vatreniAuthor 275 12
12 years ago
+2
Yes, of course. and, his father was playing in Pozarevac during '70 i think?
pearl 1003 11
12 years ago
+3

Sorry, pearl, I did not know you that time...

No problem my dear ;-)
pesazi 73 3
12 years ago
+2

Excluding Brazil NT golden time, club volleyball is of higher level than NTvolleyball, with tougher and more equal opponents generally.

That's an interesting topic. Can you define your thoughts?
I see it differently. I agree with you that there are more club teams playing on a high level than national teams, but if you consider the very top, the top three NT are on a higher level than the top three club teams.
Just take CL winner Kazan and compare the team to the Russian NT. You'd keep Mikhailov and the middles, maybe even Vermiglio on a good day. But compare the wing spikers to Biryukov, Khtey and Tetyukhin plus Verbov on the libero position, and it seems quite clear which team is stronger and deeper. You could argue about Muserskiy, Grankin and Butko too.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Today's Kazan is not typical club, it is a mask for the Russian NT and I don't think they are stronger than Trentino and Macerata, they won vs the Italians but didn't convince vs Skra (and Trentino didn't show their maximum on serve and attack). About outside hitters Khtey and Tetyukhin will make them stronger and Muserskiy if he can put his serve to work. Actually I think he makes huge difference for Russia the same way Simon did for Cuba, opeining space for Mikhaylov and the OHs to attack freely and closing the spaces for the opponent wing spikers - he can get very fast near the antenna. I think that Russia > Kazan but if Muserskiy is not on starting six this > is very little for me and Kazan is on level with other top teams, so yes, Russia is > than club teams, the way Brazil were better. I don't think that any other NT in the moment is on that level. If Brazil has Dante in shape and Vissotto play like in Serie A1, Brazil will be there too, but Italy, Cuba, Poland, Bulgaria /lack of leadership and experience/, USA, Serbia and Argentina are not stronger than top club teams in my opinion. Also the differences between A+ and A teams in NT is bigger than in Club teams for me and the format of the competitions turns this into long years of hegemony for one team or another
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
+3
Club=Play for Money
National Team=Play for pride
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Pride is nothing, Revan, in NT you play for honour in service of the people who give you their trust - the fans of volleybal -and of service of your country
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
you asking that in person to matey raylight???? its true honor means something but i know volleyball players that only give their best for the victory and the other things doesnt care in the end the all comes with the victory and if you lose you will disappoinment at least one person that always happens so take care you and your honor of fairy tails
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Humanity and civilization are not fairy tales, I assure you. Your Cubans don't play only for themselves, they play for Cuba too and they feel it
vatreniAuthor 275 12
12 years ago
Revan, for you is most important NT. Am I right? If it is true, no one yet didn't say that club success is more important?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+5

Today's Kazan is not typical club, it is a mask for the Russian NT

What? And maybe same with Skra in Poland? Even if club has so many players of NT, why it's not a "club" anymore? So what's typical club then? Group of foreigners like in Trento?

(and Trentino didn't show their maximum on serve and attack)

Simply because Zenit didn't let him. Let me explain you few vball basics, which you don't understand again. Zenit had great serve, put pressure on Trento, when you have bad reception, you have problem with setting and attack, so opponent adding his block = that's why Trento was not as successful as before. When you have trouble, you have to respect ball, so you can't take a full risk on serve, so their could not show their 100%. Summary: That was not bad day of Trento, but great play of Zenit.
Mike3113 3 1
12 years ago
Of course most important is sukces our National Teams ?
Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking