Volleyball-Movies.net: Volleyball plebiscite: Awards for Kurek, Russia, Canada

Volleybox 440
2013-02-10 • 5470 views • 16 replies
A few days ago has ended up prestigious plebiscite organized by Volleyball-Movies where volleyball fans could chose in their opinion the best players and national teams in few categories.

In the category "The Best Volleyball Player of 2012" won Bartosz Kurek with 48 points (22,33%). He defeated among other Maxim Mikhaylov and Krzysztof Ignaczak, who have taken the second and the third place.

1. Bartosz Kurek (POL) - 48 points (22,33%)
2. Maxim Mikhaylov (RUS) - 45 (20,93%)
3. Krzysztof Ignaczak (POL) - 26 (12,09%)
4. Sergey Tetyukhin (RUS) - 22 (10,23%)
5. Dmitriy Muserskiy (RUS) - 20 (9,30%)
6. Osmany Juantorena (CUB) - 17 (7,91%)
7. Georg Grozer (GER) - 13 (6,05%)
8. Cristian Savani (ITA) - 12 (5,58%)
9. Michal Lasko (ITA) - 11 (5,12%)
10. Georgi Bratoev (BUL) - 1 (0,47%)

Certainly the triumph of Russia national team in the category "The best national team of 2012" can't be a surprise. Russia defeated Poland NT who took the second place with the difference of over 18% of the votes. The next places took Brazil, Italy and Bulgaria.

1. Russia - 92 points (42,59%)
2. Poland - 51 (23,61%)
3. Brazil - 40 (18,52%)
4. Italy - 17 (7,87%)
5. Bulgaria - 16 (7,41%)

Award "Most improved national team of 2012" won team coached by Glenn Hoag: Canada. This time the fans of Volleyball-Movies decided that Canada deserves for the title (45,56% of the votes). 2nd place took Iran with 29 points and 3rd place took Netherlands with 18 points.

1. Canada - 41points (45,56%)
2. Iran - 29 (32,22%)
3. Netherlands - 18 (20%)
4. Great Britain - 2 (2,22%)

#Brazil #Poland #Volleyboxnet #BartoszKurek #Netherlands #MaximMikhaylov #Iran #KrzysztofIgnaczak #volleyballplebiscite #Russia #Canada

Volleyball-Movies.net: Volleyball plebiscite: Awards for Kurek, Russia, Canada
John17 151 7
11 years ago
+1
I'm a big fan of Kurek but unfortunately h'e didnt win anything apart individual award.
In 2012 Max Mikhaylov won Russian Championship, Russian Supercup, Champions League, Olympic Games...It's not enough ?
raylight 3006 15
11 years ago
I don't think Kurek deserves this prize based on play and results. Not over russian players who won the Olympics. About the team improvements I hope Netherlands will return to big volleyball this year. They have the players but they need a team
RenanZ 1538 15
11 years ago
+1
None BRA, ARG neither USA player at the top 10?!

Well, I would say the same: Kurek is a amazing player, but should not be the 1st on this renowed list.

camnow 380 4
11 years ago
+2
Sergey Tetyukhin only in 4th place?! i though he will be te first.
11 years ago
+1
Maxim Mikhaylov played good in the olympics
raylight 3006 15
11 years ago
Me too, camnow, me too ?
John17 151 7
11 years ago
Sergey was Awesome during the olympics. Brazilians ovation to him at the end of the match proves it. But Maxim Mikhaylov was awesome in 2012 in any competion.
In my opinion :

1)Maxim Mikhailov
2)Serguey Tetyukhin (award for all his carreer )
3)Murillo
oioi 370 5
11 years ago
+2
Somehow I haven't seen this plebiscite ? But I agree with you guys that Kurek doesn't deserve the award for best player, someone from Russian NT should have won it like Tetyukhin, Mikhaylov, Muserski.
andyz 117 2
11 years ago
i get it, it is a polish site... still, guys, you should be a little objective )). btw kurek sucks in russian league. definitely not on a par.
oioi 370 5
11 years ago
Unfortunately Kurek was half of season out because of injuries, that's the case for some players after Olympic season. Some of them just crumble: Kurek, Savani, Volkov, Nowakowski etc
andyz 117 2
11 years ago
oioi, i'm not talking being in form, i'm talking about character. kurek is not a fighter.
11 years ago
+2
Kurek is not a fighter? Well, maybe we are talking about two different people, cuz Kurek who I watch is a great fighter.
andyz 117 2
11 years ago
dreamandhope, i suggest you watch dynamo games against gubernia and zenit.
artko 32 1
11 years ago
Despite almost all commentaries here, I think Kurek well deserved the award - even just for his stunning performance during the World League. Oh.. Wait, I can almost hear it comming: World League is not Olympics!!! Well, but it is still volleyball, isn't it? Or does the competition's name count more than the quality of the play itself?

@andyz: Maybe Kurek isn't yet the russian league's shining star he supposed to be, but considering the fact that this is his first time ever he plays for a foreign club and that the injuries eliminated him for several months right at the beggining of the season... well, in this case I can imagine that his self-confidence couldn't yet fully recover, but I believe he will spread out his wings soon.
"Kurek sucks in russian league" - oh come on, it is as if I would say "Puppy sucks" ( in both ways) after seeing him in World League Final and we both know it isn't true. "Kurek isn't a fighter due to his character" (cause this is what you meant?). I always thought in order to speak about someone's character you have to know him personally otherwise it would be just worthless gossiping, wouldn't it? And tell me, Kurek wasn't fighting enough in the World League or your selective amnesia simply doesn't allow you to? My advice: do not let it control you. So who hates whom & who's not being objective enough?
andyz 117 2
11 years ago
+1
@artko, i was watching kurek for several years, i know he is basically a national hero in poland)). i thought anastasi put some sense into his game, alas(((... russia - poland game in london sums it up well, i think (not talking about the loss to australia). it can be the same story as klose in german soccer (benched in club, plays well for the national team). i hope for poland sake, it is the story. (don't tell me the dynamo coach is bad, he beat trento with half of the team injured)
i think the real hero in polish team is your amazing libero, ignaczak
andyz 117 2
11 years ago
well, today's dynamo game with lokomotiv novosibirsk just proves my point, don't you all think?
Create volleyball agency websiteAre you owner of volleyball agency?Create your websiteCreate volleyball agency website
Are you owner of volleyball agency?Create your website