NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
Yup nothing special ...
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Roninho 758 13
12 years ago
+2
Jakub Jarosz is not good. I already have enough words that he needs a lot of games. The situation balls he is afraid attack strongly. He is often stopped on a single block. Attacking player can not play like this

I will say frankly that Aleksiev for me is the average player. He is not very well received, he does not have a strong and good servers. He is good block and sometimes in the attack.
In a match with the Polish in firts set he played badly but later he played very well in attack and quietly in the receiver.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Jarosz has good serve, btw. About Aleksiev - he has very good stats in his clubs, way better than in Bulgarian NT
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
you're right but the attack hasn't the form
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
He had attack against Slovakia
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
I know what happened to Jarosz. Maybe I'm not professional player, but I had the same 2 years ago. I don't know why, but I couldn't "find" a good timing in attack. It lasted a few months. I just couldn't attack well. Then it was up and i went back into my normal shape. I think he needed a rest then a play and I think, that in this form he is not useful player.
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
It happened to me too before 1 year, when I was sick and then 2 months I could't attack as I can
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
tysia - we too missing Salparov and N.Nikolov so we're not with full potential too. Mainly Salparov because he is the spirit of the team and have amazing defense.
12 years ago
SkyloIoannes, proud

Russian Federation sponsor of the EC?

so what? you suspect we bought the whole tournament out?
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
@_k-is-for-kate WTF?! Are you kidding me?!
I hadn't said anything like that...
I'm just wondering how federation can be sponsor of EC.
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+2
_k-is-for-kate_,I'm not saying that,but you can't deny it's pretty weird.You're the official sponsor of the championship?!I'm not accusing you of anything,I doubt you gave that idea to your federation( ? ),but it's unfair.You're not hosts,so what's going on?Again,this shouldn't be allowed - FIVB rules are overflowing with sh*t these days.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
CEV rules, actually and I don't think Russia needs to buy tournaments, although I am afraid a little from the judges
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+2
FIVB...CEV...they're all screwed up ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
And the worse part is that they are screwing volleyball
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
+1
So, we cannot do anything about all this unfairness and it's all up to the players' performance on the court.

I absolutely agree about the hawk-eye! Why can tennis have this and volleyball can't? And to avoid such stupid calculations after the first round, there should be draw for the 1/8 and 1/4 finals. Thus, teams will play ALWAYS for the win and they won't know who their next opponents will be.
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
O, and about Aleksiev, I just wonder why he doesn't serve with more force. I am sure he can since I have watched matches where he actually serves much stronger. If he doesn't loose track of the match and keeps a good rhythm from the start, he performs really well. ?
12 years ago
why are you getting so furious about that? i was just asking what was wrong with it.

organization of a tournament of that kind demands lots of money and that our Volleyball Federation have it is not a secret. There's not a word "general sponsor" on those banners, and i don't understand why you think that way.

you may say what you want, but i just got an impression that you go for any extreme and go crazy about every little thing to underline that everyone on EC cheating and being unfair evil, except Bulgaria. First it was Poland, now Russia. What further?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
_k-is-for-kate_ ,read my comment again,I'm not furious ? It has nothing to do with Russia or your team.It's all about not giving teams the choice to play fair or not,but to be forced to play with everything they've got in every match,not go to the second round without winning a single set.I don't think Bulgaria is the only team that's not cheating,but instead of people going "Hey,we should do something about that" ,they go for the simple "solution" - "Well,they did it first,f*ck that,now we'll do it".This doesn't solve anything,it's putting a giant stain on our favorite sport and we as fans should not turn on each other,but unite against those money-hungry as*'holes.
And to be correct,the banners say "The Official sponsor of the European championship 2011".As raylight said below,Russia doesn't need money to win matches ?
12 years ago
+1
proud, i meant not you, but SkyloIoannes, who seemed to be touched to heart by my question.

then still, i don't understand your problem with our Federation being one of the sponsors. In what way it prevents any team of playing fair? Why did you ever mentioned that at all? i don't understand your purpose, that's all.
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Just read a statement from Nikolov and he says that there's nothing wrong with the Russian federation sponsoring the championship and concurs they don't have to buy their titles,since Russia won the World league two months ago ? I don't know,it might have been a fan overreaction,I just haven't seen such banners at other championships ?
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
@_k-is-for-kate_I just ask simple question because I'm curious how federation of whoever country can be official sponsor of EC, and you maybe impulsively asked me If I suspect russia buying the tournament... that's ridiculous. That thought has never been on my mind..
Don't put words on my mouth I've never said!
12 years ago
+3
Our Federation usually sponsors many (if not all) competitions, big or small, our teams take part in, because it has money, which countries-orginizers sometimes lack. i see nothing criminal in the fact that thy take expensive banners as you,or your article,or whatever, mentioned.

and taking to account that bulgarian fans always tend to create justifying reasons for their team's troubles(that's an impression you made on me), i assumed this was your another occasion to complain.

whether i were wrong we'll see after our teams face each other on EC. But if i were, i apologize.
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
We didn't know that.. our journalist are all in yellow! ..nobody pay attention to them. They may be suspecting something, but my question has nothing to do with the articles they've written.
As I see our players didn't know it too, at least Nikolov..
There's nothing wrong with it..you didn't understood me correctly....
As all of us said Russia don't need to buy matches..
You maybe don't know but Russian team is my favorite../after Bulgaria naturally /
That's my last post for that question. Sorry if I offended you somehow..
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
First,I'm sorry that this is the impression we've made on you(and I know a lot of other people here,too) and I don't mean to get all sentimental on you,but we really love our team.We know we're not Brazil,but the bronze medals we've won over the last 4-5 years have meant a lot to the Bulgarian fans.We're not a rich country - we've never been a host to a big competition,our federation struggles with the fee for the World League every year and as a whole we have very limited financial and human resources.If you ask me,what our guys have done(pretty much all on their own)during this period is like a miracle.So,that's the reason most of us are very easily offended when it comes to them,and people referring to them as "your volleyball gods"(sarcastically) in this forum lately is really hurtful. "We'll see what your team we'll do today,tomorrow,etc."- those are just unnecessarily cruel comments,so naturally some of us get defensive.I don't need them to be first to be proud of them.I would watch the championship even if our team didn't participate,but they do and I can't see what they've done wrong to deserve this kind of attitude from some of you.
Also,it's easy to get mad when you've been screwed so many times,so I'm sorry but I think we/you/everybody are/is obligated to say what's on their mind whenever there's something wrong with the system.Frankly,I'm surprised why so few people are frustrated with that...
I'm not one to make excuses,when we lose I don't blame the ball ? I just want things to be fair for everybody and if we're 15th,then we're 15th - you won't hear me complain about anything,but bad game play ?
Harleym 55 3
12 years ago
+2
You guys are all contradicting yourselfs.
First you say, Russia doesn't need to buy matches since they won the World League.
And then all of a sudden k-is-for-kate states that the Russian federation sponsors all competitions they participate in.
Meaning: the argument that they don't need to buy matches to win cause they won the World League is based on nothing more then mud, since they probably sponsored that too.

Now Im not the one here saying Russia is buying the matches, just stating, the arguments you guys are using are contradictive and not constructive by any means.

So my own standpoint is that I disgust that Russia sponsors these competitions, since it can start a fire that was never intented, like what is happening here. Even for the players of Russia it sucks, since their wins will always be doubted, even if the matches weren't bought and it was just plain sponsoring.

Sad thing is, we will never know for sure, so the doubt goes on.
And most sad of all, these competition would probably not even be held if it wasnt for those sponsors. But that is just how the world is these days.
12 years ago
+1
harleym, i don't know what is there in your mind, but you should somehow learn what the verb "to sponsor" means and the difference between its meaning and meaning of "bribe". google it, buy a dictionary, whatever, i don't know...

proud, thanks for that. i didn't mean to offend anybody, too. sorry, if i did. i was just defending my team's honour.
12 years ago
by the way, thanks a lot for that life transmissions!! the most pleasant surprise, and the most useful feature possible)))
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+2
THANK YOU CHIRSON !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Thank you.. now I don't need to waste my time looking for site where to watch other matches..
Harleym 55 3
12 years ago
+2
Bribery, a form of corruption, is an act implying money or gift giving that alters the behavior of the recipient.

Meaning: Giving money so you get something benificial in return

To sponsor something is to support an event, activity, person, or organization financially or through the provision of products or services

Meaning: Giving money to support an event.

Now we all know that the money is being giving, we just don't know the latter.
You try to sound very convinsing k-is-for-kate, but where is you proove that the money is not for bribing.
I mean if you look at the explanation of bribing and sponsoring, it goes hand in hand.
Both is giving money, period.
For a federation to give money to the European Championship is at least questionable until you have prove nothing else is done with it, then just to support the event.

You haven't given me the prove, nor will there ever be any prove since the only prove you will ever have is, they said so. There is not physical evidence of not being bribed, since bribing is persuation that can even be unconscious.

You see where I am getting at?
Federation shouldn't give money to events, since there are for one, doubts of bribing.
Which takes away from the winning of Russia if they actually do win it legitimate.
And two, bribing can be conscious or unconscious. Now lets say I give you money before a match and tell you to still be objective if you are the referee.
You will favor me most likely wether you like it or not.

Getting money from the federation is just not a good thing, wether it is used as real sponsorship and the intentions from the federation are good, it will always raise questions, raise doubts, can influence the recipient party unconsciously.
You don't know that k-is-for-kate, nor can you give me any prove otherwise, but thats obviously not your fault.

Just one quick note: I am discussing not trying to offend anyone
Lordall 54 5
12 years ago
+2
Come on people, let's better turn our minds towards the sport, not the financial, political or any other sides our countries are involved. Some of the conditions might not be optimal, but still I belive nobody will buy matches or anything...I personally have great respect for all the countries that participate, and I do not believe victory is certain against Bulgaria, for example. But I rather see I fair and entertaining match lost by Russia in the quarter or half-final or whatever than some referee tricks in favor of a team... come on people, volleyball should help to unite people from the world, forget all the conflicts, just enjoy tha matches?
Lordall 54 5
12 years ago
+2
Herleym - you also try to argue convincingly and independently, but there is also no way you can prove that bribery actually is taking place...besides, If I would want to bribe, I would definitely not place banners in the front row "I am the official sponsor"... and moreover no one of us will convince the other side in this discussion for sure? Because of that there's not much point in discussing it, I think. At least for us)
12 years ago
+3
oh my god, you really wanna go for arguement? all right then.

of course, i can't actually prove you our federation don't bribe anyone, i'm not the head of federation, nor one of the judges.but following your own reasoning:

1) neither can you prove there WAS bribing, because nobody saw anyone giving bribes, all was there was only sponsoring, or giving money strictly for organization needs

2) if you saw semi-final game Yaroslavich-Zenit of Russian Superleague'11 you would know what "a bought victory" means.

3) you said the World League first place was bought as well...no comments,just wondering if you saw team russia playing that world league.

4) again, following your thoughts, i can accuse any team for bribing as well, because there's no proof they weren't.
Particulary Brazil. There's NO WAY such players as Giba or Endres brothers or coach Rezende had anything to to with winning all those years out! they're secret is defenitely secret bribing. now prove me it's not, can you?

p.s. i don't know why you need to start this. i have suggestions about your type of person, but i prefer not to word it, in order not to be impolite.

i apologize for other users' inconvenience of seeing this rubbish in the topic, but you see, i couldn't ignore such hilarious attempt of attacking my team's honour. i promise not to keep on arguing with this ridiculously stubborn person.

cheers everybody, good EC for you)
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
+1
NightFox -so you're right you also are missing Salparov
but our attack is at level 0

Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
Why the hell did they change the timetable of the matches??
And in a stupid way!! Finland-Slovenia will play this evening and tomorrow at 16 (not at 19 how it was decided before), and Turkey-France are playing now and will play tomorrow at 19 (not at 16). It is logical??!!! Why a team will have more than 24h between the match, while the other one not even 20h?! I don't understand that O.o
And I'm also quite upset because I organized to see italian match with few friends and now they change the timetable=.= uff..
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
BTW, Estonia is making a mess on second touch not made by setter... often when they defend they aren't able to build the action properly, to set the ball in a way that allowed the spiker to attack.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+3
Compliments to Bulgaria. And Kaizisky ?

raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
In Bulgaria the police was sponsored by business groups and the Euro commission said that this is form of corruption, because in this way the sponsors can use the police to avoid parking tickets, so they had to stop. It is good that Russia helps for these events, but iit is sad in the same time that this money are important as harleym said.

Thank you, Chrison, you are the beast ?

P.S. I have uploaded Bulgaria - Germany, to say it while you are in good mood ?
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
So, say it again... is Aleksiev good?...
Тоя ще ни вкара в кривата пътека.. казвам ви. Голяма излагация е..
Не можем да разчитаме -" днеска му е ден, утре не е".. абе като не е сигурен ВЪН от националния... В някъв мач - тренировка оня ми прави гршка след грешка.. утре ще се осере, ама язък, че няма кой да го замести..
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Turkey 1;2 France..
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+2
I didn't want to say anything before the game,but I was really nervous for that match.I have no memories of us playing against Estonia and knew they had nothing to lose,so they'd play at a 100% and that's always dangerous.I didn't like how we played and I hope that the guys were still getting used to the arena or were nervous 'cause everybody expected a win,but that wasn't beautiful volleyball...Anyway,it's a win,so I'm putting on my happy face ?
During the national anthem of Estonia I noticed that the guy's jerseys were really worn out and that reminded me of a few years ago,when we would be playing against someone and I'd see their shiny new t-shirts and I couldn't read "asics" on ours...So hats off to Estonia's team for their heart and devotion to their country.That's what sport is all about to me,you win when you can,you beat whoever you can,isn't that why there are so many championships every year(I count clubs,too)? ? Nothing else should be involved,like politics or money - sport is not a beauty pageant ? (Though,who would win if it was? LOL )
Hanes,I hope you liked your team's performance ?
Kate,you have never offended me ?
Harleym,you're bringing up some very valid points.
Offtopic : Cher during the time out,that was...new ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Алексиев играе добре срещу Русия, поне в последните години. Скримов има нужда да играе повече, тази година в Париж му беше първа като титуляр, има подобрява мощта в атака и посрещането, на сервис и защита е много добър
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
@spiridoncheto Well, I'm not sure when Aleksiev is concentrated and when not, because I've seen him playing just awful in very important matches..
/Сори, че пиша на английски, ама да не си помислят нещо/
Прави грешна топка и почва да псува, след което тотално изчезва от терена..
Много ми харесва начина по който Радо не цепи басма на никого.
Не играеш добре, вън!.. Не се колебае.. а Скримов, ми той няма много време да си показва качествата.. не му дават много шанс да играе, а и е наистина доста нисък... доста!
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
Here is the statistics from the match Bulgaria-Estonia.
http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/7661.pdf

Harleym 55 3
12 years ago
Let me clear this up FAST.
Quote me where I said it is was bribing.
I only said, there could be a suspicion of bribing and so it is wrong.
It is wrong for a federation to give money, wether you like it or not.
It adds suspicion. So I'd rather see commercial sponsors.

This is a quote from k-is-for-kate however:
"Our Federation usually sponsors many (if not all) competitions, big or small, our teams take part in, because it has money, which countries-orginizers sometimes lack"

So how am I not to argue aganist that?
How are people saying I have to prove anything?
I am not the one stating it is just a sponsor, without any prove.
Like I said, I am not the one saying it is bribing either, just that I don't like that the federation is giving money.
You see it there? That is my opinion. Just as I have the opinion that giving money could unconsiously give somebody an advantage. That is just my opinion.

I am not argueing the intention of the Russian Federation cause I have no prove of that, so why are you guys trying to pinpoint that on me?
I am just against it, wether it is a legitimate sponsor deal or bribing.
I am entitled to that opinion and so all you guys should learn, that this is a discussion and stop being so offended please.

I am not gonna state my argument again cause I made it and it is up to you guys wether you guys argue against the moral issue or not.
The true interest I have in this discussion is the moral issue and it is there I believe.

So move away from the prove part, I only started that discussion cause k-is-for-kate, tries to defend a fact, which means you have to defend that with prove, since, well it should be a fact otherwise you can't really defend it right.

What I am trying to defend though is my opinion:
The opinion that Federations shouldnt sponsor since it could add rumours about bribing, unconcious bribing, and so could either give an advantage to Russia or could add negativity if itis a legitmate win.
(Not trying to argue its bribing, just my opinion on what if a Federation would give money to an event it participates in by itself)
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
+3
Let's not be too harsh on Aleksiev. Everyone knows he is not the best of receivers but his attack and block are really good. Today Matey was again in great form! Estonia also played well, I have to admit I did not know anything about them. We should be content, we go on, that was our goal. ?
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
То и те бомби ще пускат. Много трябва да сме внимателни на посрещане утре..

« 1 2 3 4 5

Volleyball players rankingWho is the best volleyball player ever?Show players rankingVolleyball players ranking
Who is the best volleyball player ever?Show players ranking