Russia is World League 2011 Champion!!!

« 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
Bad news for Bulgaria again - Salparov and Nikolay Nikolov will mis the European Ch. too
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
NightFox why?
12 years ago
+3
yeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!)))))))))we finally did it!!))))

denis biryukov and sasha butko are heroes!))
12 years ago
+2
thanks everyone for your support,to be honest, i didn't expect so many Poles to support russia,it was a VERY pleasant surprise, really))))
thank you guys sincerelly))

special thaks for polish DJ for their music choice during the match)))
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
+1
kalinka, kalinka, kalinka maja...;d

kisforkate, i thought it's Alexander, not Sasha Butko;p
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
They can't recover from the injures
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago

NightFox actually without Nikki you will be fine, Yosifov and Todorov can handle that.
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
yeah - but without Salparov not ...
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
to be honest, what's the different? Russia will win ECH ?
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
+3
There is - because we can be 2nd ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
Zyta, I should give you a minus for that, everybody knows that Austria will win!! ?
Roninho 758 13
12 years ago
+1
I thought that in the ECH favorite is Brazil. I know they came second position in the WL, but in the ECH they can win!
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
+1
no, Roninho, i'm sure that Cuba will win ECH? USA also has a chance!
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
what about Korea?
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+1
Cameroon will surely win ECH!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Russia is the most probable champion, but Poland or Bulgaria or Czech Republic could take the title under the right circumstances. Russia still commits many errors and their block is not used optimally. If they can clear that too, they can be almost invincible. Almost, because of the element of randomness in life.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Zyta, Giba said that no one can defeat Brazil and you saw what happened. Nothing is sure in life
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+2
France can be dangerous if Ngapeth would return.

What about Miljkovic is he returning to the Serbian NT?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Yes, I forgot France and Serbia, especially Serbia. They beat Russia almost half of the time
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
I agree oioi, I'll be worried about France, expecially if Ngapeth will be back. And I expect from Serbia more than they showed in this WL. And I expect smth good from Czech republic too...

Btw, raylight, I know it sounds not objective from me (I'm not sure I can be as objetive as I would like to be, unfortunally), but I think (and I definitly hope) Italy can be in the list you made up... I don't know if you don't think it or if you didn't considered that, I'd like to know your opinion ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Italy needs players like Mastrangelo and Fei to complete their roster. They have great OHs, very good libero and setter, but Opposite and MB are weaker in comparison with other teams. With complete roster Italy can win medal, without it is possible, but less probable. It depends from the scheme of the tournament very much, unfortunately
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+1
Kk15 I forgot to add Italy, they can be dangerous too, but Spiker is the biggest unknown. We'll see if Lasko will be able to lead this team. Playing on three OH (Savani, Parodi, Zaytsev) like Piacenza wouldn't be a bad idea.
Shandtil 134 6
12 years ago
Russian's fans at the final match were fantastics too. My ears still hurts!!! Gratulations for the team ? Someone notice than confetti were green like Brazil's national flag? Russia suprised a lot of people ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Lloy Ball predicted the victory of Russia, so obviously not everybody was thinking that Brazil will surely win
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
? I really really hope we will get the semifinal, I thought we were so close this time, and I was so sorry because we couldn't...
I read that Mastro will train with the team this summer. Parodi is still a question mark, but if he will be ready to play as titoular I think we will use him, Zaytsev and Savani instead of 2 OHs + 1 opposite.
BTW I probably enjoyed Buti more than Birarelli (at least in the last part... and not in serve), but I think it depend mostly on the fact that Buti played in club with Travica so they play better togheter than Travica and Bira.
I also read that Boninfante (he was only in the 25s list, not in the 20s) will train with the team, probably because Berruto thought that we may need a setter with more experience that can be able to replace Travica if he lose lucidity... (Vermiglio will never be back to play as second).
12 years ago
Gueys when, what and where will be the nearest international turnament with diffrent national volleyball teams? (In Poland Memoriał Hubarta Wagnera in start of August?)
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Bulgaria will host tournament with France and Czech Republic in Sofia in august. In 30th of July we will play friendly game with Serbia in Sofia
12 years ago
thx @raylight and have you got information about TV online transmition? Is that tournament, will be aviable to watch in real time in the Internet?
May someone have any other information about other volleyball competitions?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
raylight

Zyta, Giba said that no one can defeat Brazil and you saw what happened.

show me source and exactly quote, as far as I used to read a lot of interviews with guys from BRA I don't believe he would say sth like this.
12 years ago
+2
qsek, sasha is a short name from alexander )))

European championship is going to be tough, i'm sure teams like italy,serbia,bulgaria or poland can get stronger motivation for it, than for world league and fight better for medals
well anyway, the more difficult-the more interesting))
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
In this news http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=313972 they quote Russian paper - Российская Газета
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
JRios likes to make quialifications of other people. The arrogant sees the arrogance in the others // that makes me too arrogant, cause I see his arrogance ?)
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
http://www.gazeta.ru/news/sport/2011/07/06/n_1912841.shtml

Доигровщик сборной Бразилии Жиба выразил мнение, что команда России не может считаться претендентом на победу в нынешнем розыгрыше Мировой лиги.
«Разумеется, фаворитом является Бразилия, – сказал Жиба «Российской газете». – Россия? Нет, ну что вы, мне действительно смешно. Неужели вы верите в чудеса, и Россия сможет обыграть Бразилию? Напрасно. Победим мы, бразильцы! Я в этом нисколько не сомневаюсь».
В «Финале восьми» Мировой лиги сборные России и Бразилии были определены в группу с командами Кубы и США.

Blame them. May be they distorted the facts. It's quite possible. I was too surprised by the words of Giba. He may be arrogant and agressive like most of the winners in sport, but definetely not stupid and I think he is Christian. He knows what happenes when you talk like that. Probably the news are false
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Kate,I hope now in every championship there will be new winner. ECH one team, Wcup another, 2012 WL another and the Olympics another. It will be good for the sport to have tighter competition and not to know in advance the victors ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
raylight, honestly now I hope that Italy will win all of these ?
May be it would be boring, but I can deal with that ehehehe ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
The new top10 of the FIVB ranking: Brasile 205, Russia 161, Usa 134, Italia 131,5, Serbia 119,5, Cuba 118,5, Bulgaria 113,5, Polonia 102,5, Argentina 89,5, Germania 64,5.
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
jernej, don't you know will Masny play in Slovakia or he still has knee-injury ( i read that he missed some matches because of this injury)?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+1
raylight Giba or any other Brazilian can think what they want, but they will always say something diplomatic. For example when Rezende is in Poland, he always mention Poland as a one of the main opponents on the way for certain title/qualification to London etc. It was the same here, in Gdansk. Then when NT arrived to Brazil he mentioned as the main opponents Russia, USA or Argentina, probably I missed one team, but there was no Poland. So even if Giba thinks no one can win with them, he would never say this at laud, just because of respect for the opponent.
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
They deserved to win!
Maxim17 13 1
12 years ago
Rosjanie zagrali bardzo dobry turniej, ale moim zdaniem Brazylijczycy mogli z nimi wygrać w finale.

The Russians played very good tournament, but I think Brazil can beat them in the final.
Fadhel Abbas 1513 14
12 years ago
+1

Mikhaylov was a king in this tournament
12 years ago
+1
@fadel he was the man of the match ?
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
please stop someone these kids. Its really anoying

« 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16