Serbia - European Champion 2011!!!

« 1 2 3 4 »

oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtwNQSf4ybM at 8:30 There is a replay of Mikhaylov's attack. Take a look how the ball spins slower after touching Nikic arm/head.
casamodena 505 4
12 years ago
+3
Referees made for sure a terrible mistake in such moment of the match (13-14). It is quite surprising and annoying it was made by very experienced referees as Hobor and Lodderus are. Honestly the touch by serbian block (M.Nikic) was just noticeable in the slow-motion replay because the ball passed through the arms (without touching them) but brushed the head of Nikic. No idea if there were any sound because of the block, but russians were cheering so probably they heard something. In any case compliments to serbian performance, but NOT for their fair play.
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+3
That's really awful!!!I'm at my sister's house right now and I watched the match on her laptop(small screen),the transmission of the Serbian TV was not good at all and I honestly didn't see anything and with Hobor,as you said,I didn't doubt he made the right call...15-13...imagine if the tiebreak had gone longer...I feel so bad for the Russian guys right now.It's so clear in the replay(thanks,oioi)that it brushes Kovacevic's head,like casamodena said...Serbians played very well,but oioi,you're right that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth ?
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
Ivan back to the Polish League!
adi_tiger 188 4
12 years ago
+1
@tysia: Back ???
NXT 241 3
12 years ago
+1
LOL! You wanted Nikic to admit that ball did touch him?! Tell me the name of ONE player that would do it in such moment and then I'll agree with bad taste in your mouth and lack of fair play. Referee just didn't see it and noone can blame him cause it wasn't so clear after all - it's not Serbian's fault anyway
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Champion, how can you be proud with someone else's team?
12 years ago
i say only this...(no offence off course) - YES?...
BTW: Miljkovic is a 10000000000 times better than Mikhaylov (i mean all of times - not only now) - like i said many times ago - the best opposite ever
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+4
Congrats for Serbia - they did what we had to ... Congratulations once again because that's it something really big.
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Congratulations for Serbia.

I've watched the replay for 20 times from different angles
It's very hard to say if it was a touch or not. From the first camera it looks like the trajectory of the spike was changed, but from a different angle I can't notice any shake of muscles of the blocker so it looks like there wasn't a touch.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
Serbia was HUGE in this match.

I can't understand if it was out or touched, honestly.
MMay be Hobor could have call "contesa" (thumbs up...), considering the importance of the moment... But may be he was sure.

ps after all Poland will have to face Russia...

@raylight: I guess that Serbia after winning a match like that vs an opponents like that won't feel tired at all!! But may be Russia will suffer a bit both for the disappointment and for being tired, considering they don't even had the afternoon to rest...
12 years ago
+3
i'm not one of those people who blame judges for the loss, I think and insist that no one is guilty for that loss but us.

but speaking about referee's mistakes.. that one at the last you're discussing about was vexatious, but not decisive, by that time the game had been already lost by us.

the key mistake by judges was in the end of the 4th set (at 21:22 if i'm not mistaken) when Taras scored a point, but the ball was announced controversial and was to replay.
at that moment serbians were given 2nd chance to realize and our spirit was crashed. if you noticed, after that team russia no longer showed emotions, like Alekno once said in 2008 "you have such expression on your f*cking faces like you're ready to go to the changing room" ("у вас на е*альниках написано, что вы уже готовы идти в раздевалку"). the same was that time, we didn't cope with emotions so we lost to ourselves once again.

i wish victory to team italy.

poland have good chances to take 3rd place as well, because mental situation is exactly the same as it was in 2009.
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
anyway the fivb have to think give the wild card to rusia instead to poland cause poland whith that team is a shit and second they are here cause they dont have meet a good rival in this road the first was italy and they give 3--0 second Rusia is the No2 and the sucesor of Brazil and actual WL champion so go Rusia and stay Poland. its almost impossible that the 2 wilcards go to european teams
12 years ago
+2
Revan, to get Wild Card the team should EARN wild card. Poland earned it, and what we did? screwed our huge chances. to be true #2 the team should prove it, and we don't.
again, now we have no one to blame but ourselves.
Lordall 54 5
12 years ago
+2
Congratulations to Serbia! They did play better, to blame the referee after wasting a 13:7 lead in the first set is nonsense...

@kapitan according to the stats in this particular match both were equal (51 vs 52%). All-time Miljkovic is slightly better certainly...slightly)
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
i dont know why you are worried its true they lose a big game but the last time i see Poland is a weak team compare whith russia if the fivb leave russia and bring poland brazil will crown again they are tired see brazil in the top in the two genres woman and man so russia have to go and poland well wacht the game for tv. I know that rusia lose all chances but they are the No2 for good sake and the actual WL champions for commercial reason they are first that the poland team cause i like more see a rusia vs Brazil than a Poland vs brasil. the money dont buy quality of game if only poland have all they good players im god but that crap ??? hell no .
cheribee 8 2
12 years ago
+5
I don't think it was the referees' mistake. It is just a matter of who's spirits are going to be broken first and it is clearly shown that Russia was broken and crashed. You can see that Russia is really showing some nerves on that game, really tense... quick sets are not working, a lot of service errors, tentative on their spikes and even wrong timing of blockings, and how many match points has been saved by Serbia? This is very unusual for the team. Plus Serbia is playing great with heightened spirits. But I am still a very big fan of Russia, they just cannot win all the games. And it happens, they got to learn to accept it, move on, learn from it and be a better team next time.
They have to be equally physically strong and mentally tough. Serbia's kapitan is a great morale booster, Taras should do the same for the team as what he did in their game against Bulgaria. Every sport is a mind game, someone has to step up and give boost to the team. I was so disappointed because Russia could have won the 4th set.... I even stay up late to watch the game even though I recorded it and planned it to watch on the next day, it's about 2am here in SG.
But there are two things I wanted to add, not to blame, but just an observation... First, I think Coach Alekno should not change his original line up, the first six, it should have been Muzerskiy rather than Apolikov, there will be greater chances of winning the first set. Secondly, substitution of Grankin from Butko? He may be lucky in the WL, but still not enough skill especially in receiveing. Then placing back Grankin again on the grunge time? tsk tsk tsk

I still love Maxim Mikhaylov, for me he's my MVP :-)
They didn't loss because of that last point, I think they loss because they weren't able to win the 4th set and lost confidence going to 5th set.

Every sport is a mind game, I just wished that they will be mentally prepared against Poland.

Go Russia!
12 years ago
+3
...about that thing with Apalikov instead of Musersky in the 1st set

Dima forgot his jersey in the hotel room and couldn't play till team managers brought it.
But i don't think Apalikov was bad. Also, in the interview Alekno explained that he is extremely unsatisfied with Grankin's game and has no questions to Butko, Sasha did all he could.
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
FIVB MUST give wild card to russia, certain is that 4 temas from Europe will play in WC

Revan, did you watch match Poland Italy? i dont think so so please do say anything about thier game, true they played very bad but thay lost in the ned of the setes by 2 good services, so dont judge
cheribee 8 2
12 years ago
+1
Yeah K, I think you're right, Apalikov is not that bad, i think he even made a score on that 1st set, but I just thought, that maybe if DM is there, they might have a better defense and offense... just a thought ?

So, is Coach Alekno both unsatisfied with his setters? why did he chose to get Grankin back in the 5th set?
fiore 142 3
12 years ago
LOL, I'm absolutely speechless! I haven't been able to watch the match Russia -Serbia but apparently Serbia have won! Congratulations, Serbia! It must've been a thrilling match! I wish somebody apploads it so I can watch it.

And now as I said before, I will be supporting Italy for the gold!
12 years ago
i don't know Alekno's reasons

but for sure, Grankin was replaced because of his permanent problem which appears in important matches especially - he started to forget himself in a game, that's why Butko went instead of him. But in the 4th set Butko definitely lacked experience and "playing practice" during the tournament. it's only my thoughts but i think that's why we lost 4th set and Grankin was back.

no, Alekno has no complaint on Butko,he showed maximum he could considering his condition
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
@fiore: thanks?

about the wild cards, first of all I think that it will be absolutly fair if they'll both go to European teams, because there will be three asiatc teams (and honestly that is defintly enough), and I don't see any team in America that deserve its more than European team (may be ww will have surprise in the South Am. Ch, but I think Argentina and Brazil will get the WC. And they deserve it like Cuba and USA). Not to speak about Africa...
And honestly the other continental championship are quite ridicoulous compared to the European one (with no offense), think that Brazil won always the SACh exept one time, when they didn't partecipate (Argentina won) (the second/third were almost always Argentina and Venezuela), and that only USA and Cuba have ever won the NORCECA. And that the SACh is between 6-7 team, the NORCECA 8 teams... We have x2.

If it will be only one... I'll say that Russia deserve it the most, but if Poland will beat them today it won't be unfair that Poland get it.

@saku: c'mon, it wasn't all just "two good serve at the end od the sets" ?

Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Oh, I missed the semi finals... and what a surprise for me! Congrats for Serbia and Italy!
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
hope Serbia win today?
qsek 831 10
12 years ago
+1
can someone send link to match Russia-Serbia? raylight, maybe you have this match and you could add it here?;p
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
qsek, I will add the match and Russia - France from ECH 2009
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
+2
I don't judge, because I don't know what is true. But one thing after all: If I would be Nikić and if I would touch the ball I'd can't live with it. I would can't stand, that succes of my team and for Serbia fans was based on referees mistake. I would just plead to touch.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Someone, during the game adrenalin is so high that misleads players that they are always right - natural mechanism. Most of the time they unconsciously neglect the truth and they are convinced that they are right. That helps to play better. In some slower situations they can register the problem and then if they don't have moral they will not say, but I think this was situation from the first type.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
+1
Poland is not weak team even with that composition. Italy is hard for Poland, Poland is hard for Bulgaria, Bulgaria is hard for Italy
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
Poland play without top players so don't expect a miracle
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
@raylight
1. I disagree with You. I play some sports (of course volleyball too) and even if adrenaline is high I always plead to guilty

2. I agree with You. Nothing else to add ?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
@Revan

anyway the fivb have to think give the wild card to rusia instead to poland cause poland with that team is a shit

dear boy, you may have not like Poland NT, but we never showed your team disrespect, so I expect the same from you. No one never called here Cuba shit, so don't call other teams in the same way. And i'm not saying this just because you called shit my team, but because every team deserves for respect!

Chrison you let people to call other teams clowns, you kicked off Henrique due to racists jokes, but you let people to call any team shit? It's disappointing.
casamodena 505 4
12 years ago
@Someone I totally agree with you. Of course adrenalin affects very much players' behaviour during a match, especially if you are playing a semifinal on the score of 14-13 in the 5th, and the referee hasn't seen a touch by the block. But like you I think that loyalty is more important than every sportsrule by itself. They are professionals and in my opinion they should also be an example for everyone, so I personally can't stand attitudes like yesterdays'.
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
Someone I played some sports too and sometimes when it comes to emotions and adrenaline it happens that you may not feel such little thing like gentle touch of ball, as it was really little.
Lordall 54 5
12 years ago
+7
Alekno said to Beryukov at the last time-out: "Look at them, they are fighting. But looking at you is disgusting, you just surrender". I couldn't agree more this time...
adi_tiger 188 4
12 years ago
+1
forza polacco !
RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
Let me clarify for that Trolls below this coment who thinks poland its not well i will take "Shit" and i wonna put a "Weak" if that word pleased your majesty, you team in this moment are nothing without they beloved Wazly or his magnificent Zagunmy or whatelse Plinski or Winiarski they have many money already that ..... they dont care anything about nothing that you are saying cause they are so tired ;( for reading your patriotic message, said me bad word dont will give victories to Poland and hey they win the first you must be in touching the sky now. that was one of the why EnriqueCLT was banished from this site for say the true about poland for people like you .

P.s this was the first comment after Zyka hey but if you want my banishment its ok, and i think is better call you team how i called, instead start saying comment abuot your race or your blood if you dont like my opionion deal whith it i dont have to like any of your comments to its my opinion againts yours, i thought that Poland was a country with free thinking
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+3
those beloved Wlazly, Zagumny, Winiarski and Plinski played last year on WC and what? we played worse than now, they are not guarantee results, focus on your team as you don't know much about mine. And as you want to know maybe Poland won first set against Russia in match for bronze, so actually yes we're trying to win medal now and we won on WL bronze, while Cuba won what on WL...? we've been 5th on Beijing while Cuba didn't even get there, we had silver on WC 2006, gold on ECh 2009, so yes we have some results. One silver medal of WC don't make your team the bets in the world and don't let you offend other teams.

Henrique is my friend and I know for what he was banished, it wasn't worse than calling any team shit. As I said if you would said that about Russia, Italy, Japan, Cameroon my reaction would be the same. Every team deserves respect, not calling them shit.

PS. let me clarify now, I respect other opinions, but I don't respect people who offend others, for example calling ANY TEAM shit.
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
I know one thing: Ignaczak would be the best libero of this ECH ?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Jarosz is so weird, he plays bad on normal match and well in the most important!
Usually it's the opposite, I have to compliment with this guy.

RevanExtasis 746 11
12 years ago
and now God came down to earth for said me you are wrong RevanExtasis maybe they are weak but they can win if the russian dont feel well wining the bronze medal or they are good team in the end and just that.
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Incredible!!! We've just done it.
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+3
impossible is nothing !!
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
+1
OMG
Jarosz reminded how to play. Kurek rebuilded himself. Russia couldn't stand the pressure, but we played WELL !!!
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+1
Hahahhaha YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Lordall 54 5
12 years ago
+8
Well, congratulations Poland! Now I hope the wild card will pass to them. Just Mikhaylov in his normal form, the others were just pathetic. Nevertheless I am really glad Poland has a medal once again this year, absent of the strongest players, they put up a real fight...
12 years ago
+3
poland deserved what they got, my sincere congratulations.
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+2
Well thank you Lordall, you're right only Mikhaylov played at his good high level. Congratulations to my guys, they really played their best.
Roninho 758 13
12 years ago
+4
The perfect match of Polish and we have the bronze medal! Kurek was phenomenal today, I think he had an attack of 65% -80%. Situation is repeated with Jarosz. If Poland medal game he plays at a high level as Mikhaylov or Milijnkovic. Russia played a strange game today. I had the impression that Russia has no desire to play for the bronze medal. But Poland deserved this medal. Now it is time for Italy - Serbia. I am fan of Italy. If Italy win the MVP will Savani.

I still say this: Michal Kubiak is the discovery of this tournament. He has a similar style to the Giba.
12 years ago
+1
Maybe FIVB will give a wild card to both teams...win something in Europe is many times harder than in other continents, so in my opinion wild card should go for Poland and Russia
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
+1
Henrique was a jerk and that's why he was banned, as I see you are close to his level calling some team 'shit'. More respect to volleyball.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
Compliments to Poland!! Now they really earnd the WC?
And expecially to Jarosz, that again showed he deserve to be trusted in the most important matches. Again he was so important for the team in the match for the bronze.

Russia really need to fix their phsycological problems. Wasting that potential... O.o
Blawatek 47 2
12 years ago
Aaaa, we did it!!! Thank You, Guys! ?
cheribee 8 2
12 years ago
+1
Congratz Poland!
Just like what I've said earlier, Russia may have all the skills, but they needed to be mentally prepared on this one.
Good job Mikhaylov!
VolleyboxAuthor 440
12 years ago
+3
[removed comment]
12 years ago
+5
now go italy....
ZRE 43 3
12 years ago
Oioi, Henrique is my friend, also, and he says, jerk is that dirty filthy whore you call mom :-)

Stop offend him.
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
Kurek- he returned to form with the World League
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
Henrique argued with people by calling them brain damaged or something like that so really I don't know how he made 'friends'
12 years ago
+2
Ignaczak should get award for the best libero in the world in this year...2011: simply the best
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Ok. I may be unpopular, but remid me who was saying that we would achieve nothing?
I believed that our boys can fight for a medal- I always said: "don't be so pesimistic".
cheribee 8 2
12 years ago
+1
Just a thought....

There's a reason why the word sportmanship is created, maybe because of the word sport? ?) And here we are on this very same page talking about volleyball, cheering on our favorite players and our favorite teams. I wish we could all be a sport on everything we write and say.
luck191 287 7
12 years ago
+1
Poles on the podium!
I am proud of them!
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I added Russia - France Semifinal 2009 here, Russia - Serbia semifinal is processing
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Roninho, I do not agree that Poland deserved to reach that way the bronze medal, with cheating.
Congratulations for the medal because of the fight with heart from Polish players
12 years ago
+3
raylight, you speak good russian, right?

победителей не судят. поляки молодцы, командам России и Болгарии есть чему позавидовать и чему у них поучиться.
NightFox 1457 14
12 years ago
+3
Congrats for the bronze
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
thx NightFox ?

Kurek- he returned to form with the World League
12 years ago
raylight, how can you say that Poland was cheating? I think we all remember game Bulgaria vs Brasilia last year, when noone wanted to win, Im sorry it even wasnt game, it was theatre. Im extremely happy that Poland won, of course it would be better not to lose against Slovakia, but in the end we won with Big Russia, so whats the problem?
Dont judge my team when your team did the same thing las year
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+4
Russia seemed physically and mentally exhausted...I really feel awful for the guys,they had a lot of pressure on them and I guess if it's not the gold,they don't want it.Congratulations to the Polish users here!
dreamandhope,are we on that again?If we were playing to lose,we would have lost.What Brazilians are so upset with is that,us playing with subs,made their parody more obvious.We won that match,remember?Watch the game again,see who the crowd is booing...
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+4
final will be tough match, hopefully for 5 sets!
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Why always looking in the past.
No one judges you... now the one who will be judged by Bulgarians is Radostin Stoytchev, not you...
Congrats for the medal! Good game..
And.. fff something get wrong with Russia... there will be much discussions I think..
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+2
SkyloIoannes,I worry the Russian federation will show Alekno the door again...I hope they don't,I don't know why,but I really like the guy ?
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
I was thinking the same... he's good coach! I like him too..
12 years ago
+2
no way they take send off, with olympic games in two years it would be insane
cheribee 8 2
12 years ago
me too, i hope they won't fire him again... zenit-kazan must win...
proud 722 9
12 years ago
_k-is-for-kate_ ,fingers crossed that you're right ?
12 years ago
there's nobody in fact to replace him, and besides, the federation is loyal to him, so i'm 100% sure he'll not be
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I said Anastazi cheated, not Poland. He is responsible for tactics, he made none for the match, he let polish players to risk maximum for the key points and to lose. I don't blame Poland or Poland NT, I blame Anastazi.
vtnklmdc 686 14
12 years ago
+1
great moment and experience for this young guys
Congratulations they play really well but in the minds of Russians had more yesterday day than today's match of the bronze medal
Kurek,Jarosz and Kubiak show talent and great opportunities
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
k is for kate - we definitely need to learn from Poland and Serbia to be better at volleyball. They both play with passion and intellect. What we can learn from this championship is that even the best group of players may not be the best team, speaking for Russia, and that even Matey Kaziyski can't win match alone

P.S. I uploaded Russia - Serbia semifinal
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
Ivan The Great or Ivan The Terrible if you like ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+2
Now that was a great final!!!Congratulations ,Serbia!!!!!!!!And congratulations Italy for the silver medal and qualifying for the World Cup!!
casamodena 505 4
12 years ago
+4
Italy: a very good match.
Serbia: a very good match + very concrete in decisive moments.
That's the difference.
VolleyboxAuthor 440
12 years ago
+14
[removed comment]
VolleyboxAuthor 440
12 years ago
+3
[removed comment]
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
JRios, please don't generalize
12 years ago
+2
Miljkovic MVP of course?...that is what i expected.
BTW...Savani change Kurek, and Igła replace Bari
ZRE 43 3
12 years ago
I love Poland!
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+3
CONGRATS Polish brothers and Serbians owners ? and please if be possible to upload 3-4th and grand final matches, so upload this, because I didnt see it ? thanks a lot and have a nice after-volleyball evening ?
chrison you have totally right and your words are sacral.
vtnklmdc 686 14
12 years ago
+3
despite the absence of big star is that Nikola Grbić Serbia showed character and deserved for this victory
and what to Ivan Miljkovic I have no words, just splendid player and now volleyball legend
congratulations
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
Ivan - MVP at 32,that's so inspirational!!!Serbians played with such passion,БРАВО БРАТЯ!!!
I didn't expect Bari winning for libero,and I thought it'd be Kubiak,instead of Kurek for serve,but I guess that's what the statistics showed ? So happy for Max!!!
Just for JRios - Why ruin the celebration,man?Facts are on my side,follow your own advice ?
nyshek 434 5
12 years ago
For me it's better that Serbia is a champion. About Russia I say that yesterday Serbia bit them, today Poland ate them?
saku 1032 9
12 years ago
+3
its amazing, history repeated from 2009 but with one small details, 3 other temas on podium;p Russia gains smashed in semi didnt fiht in 3rd palce match, like poland 2 years ago wasnt a favorite, they won, Serbia now same, who of you put on your vote for serbia as a favourite? no one, liek in 2009, and of course most important, MVP get old opposite, legend of his NT, like we say in poland - history repeats itself (but with other teams ??

great tournament, it showed taht not only skills are important, important is also character and teams spirit, inSerbian team it was impresive

worth to remember is level of matches in F4, dramatics actions, once team leading 5 points and have certain win of set, 2 minutes later there is a draw, many many situation like that

that's all, congratulations for Serbia! rgat job, wonderful team
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+2
I agree,saku ? For me the semi-finals and the finals of the ECh were more thrilling than the ones on the WCh.
kristoff 161 3
12 years ago
+1
congratulations serbia! we write only about miljkovic, but i would say about other players - nikic and kovacevic. for me is receiver the most important positio. they don't play in the strongest teams and they aren't any stars, but they both played incredible!
i agree with kapitan bomba - kurek and bari? i can't understand it... savani and igła should be instead of them!
Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Bravo!
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+1
Yeah, Nikic has always great results in NT, like in 2008 semifinals OH against USA.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+6
What can I say? ?
First of all, compliment to Serbia, that played great, intense, strong in serve and block, determinated. The best symbol of their strenght to me was the three italian pipes blocked: huge.

Of course I'm sorry because we lost the final, but I can't complain my guys, it was a tough match vs a great and determinate team. I'm still so proud of them, they lead Italy back to the podium after 6 years without any medal, with courage, hard work, sacrifice. We didn't lost the gold medal, we won the silver medal.
I have to thanks Mastro, because he was simply great, so important for this team in blocking, attacking, serving (and in the most important moments!), even defending. Evergreen. MVP of the team.
I hoped he could won the best blocker awards, unfortunally he didn't, but Podrascanin is my second favourite blocker after him, so..?

I have to thanks Sava, with his MB-attack%, with his courage, with his deterimination. Exept vs France, he couldn't have done better. He always hides his not perfect reception with blocks, aces, defense. Cold in the most important action. True capitain.
I'm sorry he didn't won any awards too.

I have to thanks Simo. Be back at the european after his terrible injury, and playing so well... I'm so sorry for that last ball when we were sooo close to the tie break. I'm afraid you won't be able to forget this moment, and I don't know what you were thinking when you decided to left that ball. I won't probably forget that moment too, but at the same time I won't forget you blocking Milijkovic twice, you smiling for your first opportunity to play longer than just for reception, your wonderful tip in that difficoult moment... you did so much for the team, seeing you again on court was amazing. I missed you! Welcome back!

I want to thanks GIOVI, that lead us to the quarter, and that this summer became a father and played for the first time in the NT. And did it well! And I have to thanks BARI, because he had the patient to wait, and did his best. I don't think his best is so high, but I did what he had too. I'm not so sure he deserved the award as best libero, I like Igla a lot, but I'm sure I worked a lot for playing at his best.

I want to thanks DRAGO, even if I think he can be more precise in setting (expecially for Mastro), he showed to be able of being lucid and concentrate in the most important moment, and he always contribuite with his carachters and with many points in blocking, "tipping", serving; I simply wonder when he and Birarelli will find a better "intesa" (?), because we need that. And I'm glad he won the prize of the best setter.

I want to thanks all the others, starting from Mika and Ivan, for who I'm sorry a bit because I'm sure he wanted to do more for the team; Buti and Birarelli, even if I would have kill him in the final xD; Maruotti, Sabbi, Boninfante, Barone for all the "behind the scenes" works.

I want to thanks our coach, that lead the team to the podium after so many years, and that always have the right word in the right moment. I want to thank him for trusting in this new Italy, for loving this guy and respecting them so much.
That was the most important match of your career, but the good things is: I'm sure you'll have many others oppostunities! If I have to find a difect in all the tournament and the training before it, is just leaving Birarelli on court today for so long.The coach that makes us dream.

?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
And compliments to all the awarded!
Even if I would preferred seeing Sava and Mastro there more than Bari ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+3
That was beautiful,Kk15 ? So heartfelt !
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I added the Award ceremony
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I have to say that both teams are not great in fair play, I hope they will fix this to have more pleasure from the matches as someone who don't support passionately neither Serbia or Italy and wants to watch pretty volleyball
12 years ago
+2
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!!!!!!
proud 722 9
12 years ago
I have to disagree,raylight,I think the teams that reached the final deserved to be there(you refer to the referee's mistake yesterday?) and made a great show for us,volleyball fans ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
No, I am talking for behaviour today on the final, all this quarrels for points, Berruto cursing CEV representatives, Mastro behaving badly, Serbians acting innocent all the time. It takes away part of the pleasure for the objective viewer.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
And what about Serbian public whistleing to us after the italian anthem?

@proud, thanks for both comments ?
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Don't tell me that Ignaczak didn't get the award for best libero?! WTF? Did somebody was blind?

And Kurek? He served quite good, but he wasn't the best server at all.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I was surprise too about the libero...
And about Kurek, in fact later I was thinking but "what did Kurek won? Best spiker? no, it was Mikhailov... best scorer? no, it was Mikhailov, again... best reception was Kovacevic... oh, yes, best server!"

btw, speaking about serve... for sure I won't forget Terzic aces xD
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Kk15,those serves will make his career ?
raylight,Mastro behaving badly?This can't be true...LOL I've heard he likes to "flip the bird" at fans of other teams after a win.What do you do - it's sport,emotions are raw and BIG,it's all part of the fun ?
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
I am totally disgusted about the some awards. Only few of them are fair, but most of them was like: oh... Italy has too less awards lets make Bari the best libero, oh... we forget about Poland lets make Kurek the best server. It's unfair for players who played very well and "left their heart" on the court. I think that the best was Savani (even I think that Milijkovic is the best spiker ever).
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
@someone: I totally agree.
I was so sorry not to see Savani awarded ?
I think that if we would have won, he would have may be deserved even the MVP (he played great in all the matches exept vs France, and imo he played better than Milikovic this evening... 71% in attack *.*, yesterday 68% *.*)
But at least I hoped for the best spiker award...

I was also sorry about Mastro. But Podrascanin is in my "dream team" too, so I can stand with him winning the best blocker award?

About Bari, he did his best, and I'm very greateful about that, but he isn't the best...

Well, I would like to see the stats, I only found the one that include also the qualification to the ECh, and the fact that I found with Vermiglio in the list of the best setter told me that these stats are quite useless xD

cheribee 8 2
12 years ago
Congratulations to Serbia!!!
Truly deserve it...
Congratulations to the MVP Milikovic, no doubt about that! and he is actually look like an Actor, HUGH JACKMAN...

To Mikhailov, I think he deserves those two awards. Congratz!
Basil 47 1
12 years ago
+1
My congratulations to Serbia. They really deserve to be the Champions. Russian team was good, but serbians beeing not so technically gifted were stronger in mind, very confident and never gave up. Their fast attacks, great defense and unpredictable setting brought success. And Ivan of course was great, a real leader. Our commentators called him "an icebreaker". Serbian wing spikers were great too.
Italy was good, especially Mastrangelo and Zaytsev, Savani but they were not so strong in mind to take the win.
Anyway these mathes were great. Thans a lot for all the players!!!
zver 995 13
12 years ago
@Kk15 Serbian fans whistled in particular on Dragan Travica, because he is half-croatian. The same "event" took place at the European Championships in handball, in Austria and Switzerland. In the final match France-Croatia, croatian fans whistled on Nikola Karabatić, who is a Serb by origin.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
yes I realized that. What a shame.
But they were whistling us also during the anthem.

I have a great respect for serbian players, but their public sucks. I thought only in soccer, but I was sadly wrong.

And whistled also all Italy on the podium, not just Travica.
I can't imagine what they would have done if we won. Fortunally (or better, unfortunally xD) we will never know.
12 years ago
+1
Yes, I was quite sorry for Italia, when Serbian fans were whistling on them, after Italian anthem and when they were standing on the podium. I thought that thinkgs like that happens only in football matches. To be honest I didnt like organization of this European Championship, some halls weren't prepare to volleyball matches, bad transmission in tv and I didnt like decoration. But in final was a lot of fans, and the most important polish players will bring brozne medals from Austria and Czech Republic, so good memories from this ECH
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
I'm checking the stats (now the database stop working=.=)

For the serve I checked Savani and Kurek. And Mastro, that for me was great in serve.

According to the stats Kurek deserved it. He has 0,518 ace/set (9 aces, 18 errors, 68 serves) (not counting the 1/8 - fortunally for him, because he did 8 errors an no ace xD - and considering he didn't play vs Slovakia in the pool). While Savani did 0,443 (9 aces, 20 errors, 76 serves. In the final 1 ace, 5 errors). Mastro had only 0,31 ace/set, but 8 aces, 17 errors, 99 (! he did a lot of long serve runs) serves.

For the block... Well, I love Podrascanin, he is in my "dream team" xD, but... Stats in the hands MASTRO should have taken that awards with not the shadow of a doubt. Even Stankovic deserved it more than Podrascanin.

Podrascanin: 13 blocks; 0.59 block/set. In the 1/4 2 blocks, in the 1/2 3 blocks, in the final 4 blocks.

Mastro: 27 blocks (more than the double!!!!!!!!!), 1,245 block/set. In the 1/4 4 blocks, in the 1/2 3 blocks, in the final 4 blocks.

That is totally unfair!

I'll check the rest when it will work again...

« 1 2 3 4 »

Get volleyball job offersAre you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offersGet volleyball job offers
Are you looking for a new volleyball club?Get job offers