Serbia - European Champion 2011!!!

« 1 2 3 4

Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Savani had more serve attempts and less errors- it means, that his serve caused more damage on opponents.
If they would award players depending on statistics, tha statistic should be more detailed.

And I would like to add: I am not the one who think that Kurek is week- I think he's a world-class player, but he didn't deserve the award.
12 years ago
nope Savani has 35 errors, Kurek 28...official CEV stats
BTW: i don't like this stats. FIVB site is way better. Even Nowakowski has more block efficiency than Podrascanin
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Ok ? So when can I get the official stats? And which one are reliable ?
12 years ago
I don't think so you can find reliable stats;(...really bad work...
PS: http://www.cev.lu/Statistics.aspx
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
@kapitan_bomba,someone:
Savani 20 errors in these six matches. His stats include also the qualification to the ECh, but you can't count that!
And for Kurek I didn't count the 1/8, where he did 8 errors and no ace. So, 18 errors in 5 match, not six because he didn't play vs Slovakia. And with a match less it's normal that you have less serve attempts... And even with a match less he scored the same number of ace of Sava, and 2 errors less. So he deserved it. If you count 1/8 it's different.

And I still think that Mastro (for my point of view) was more impressive than Sava in serving, thinking about italian players.

I'm not in love with CEV stats too, because they count all togheter the preliminary torunament and the ECh, so it's quite hard to compare the players.

bah, I'm don't like how they gave the award. Also Bari deserved it less than Igla.

12 years ago
@Kk15 you have 100% right mait. I've just seen Cyprus in statistics?...they should have someone competent to count all stas during Championships...
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I think they seat around the table and chose the players. That can be in general a good idea, because stats aren't all, but it has to be judge very fairly.
I also didn't understand who they considerated, only player in "final4"?
because at the WCh the were awards for player that didn't reach the semifinal, like Tille, or the spanish best scorer (I don't rememebr who he is)... I thought it was the same for the ECh, even if it's normal that without matches for 8th-5th places the stats are in favour of who played more matches (that means, the semifinalist).
Anty-PZPS 66 1
12 years ago
CEV provides statistics for the whole European Championships (including qualifications, where also played the Italians)! So Savani scored 16 aces in 40 sets (average 0,400/set). However Kurek scored 9 aces in 22 sets (average 0,409/set)! See it! Kurek simply deserved.
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Ok, maybe Kurek was better in serve than Savani, but there wasn't someone else who has been more efficient than Kurek?
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
Zaytsev 0,408 (counting only the ECh), Milijkovic 0,25, Muserky 0,14 O.o
As I said, Kurek has better stats. Of course I didn't check every one. May be Vadelaux or N'gapeth have even better stats.

@Anty-PZPS: of course it doesn't make any sense to count also the qualification round. Without that Savani has 0,443; Kurek without 1/8 has 0,518. So, Kurek deserve it. I've already said that before.

I also checked the stats for reception: I didn't find the positive%, only the exc%, and Kovacevic has 39.1%... And if you think that Zaystev - who isn't the best receiver ever - has 48,85% of perfect reception, you'll see that probably they could have found somone else (I'm not saying Zaystev)

And about the best spiker...

Sorry for Mikhailov, but Savani deserved it. in this 6 matches he had in the order: 64,3%, 66,7; 40; 66,7; 68,7; 73,9 (*__*), for an average of 63,33%.
Mikhailov: 50%, 48,6%, 64,7%, 64,7%, 56,7%, 51,6%, 67,7%, for an average of 55,7 (actually it's 56,55 if you do the maths... this is the CEV tot).

the more I check the stats, the more I'm disappointed...
For Igla too, of course.
Lordall 54 5
12 years ago
+1
You're right Kk15, Savani should get the best spiker, I checked that too... he has both better attack % and effective % than Maxim...perhaps they took into account the older qualification matches?...In any case FIFB does the stats part better.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+1
If they had took in account the qualification matches, it would have be impossible for Mikhailov being the best scorer?

ok, it's better if I stop to poisoned my self =.=
I just feel terrible for Mastro and Sava ?

Someone 875 10
12 years ago
+1
@Kk15
And what about Igła? Was there a better libero than him? I guess he was the best digger.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
I didn't check, because I've never seen in CEV stats numbers for the digs, so I think it's impossible to use the stats to judge the liberos... And now in "player stat" I found only the exc% of reception, not the positive%, so...

BTW for the 4 liberos in final4:
name exc% rec eff in rec
Bari 40,9% 0,44
Ignaczak 39,1% 0,34
Sokolov 36,4% 0,3
Rosic 28,7% 0,29

Someone 875 10
12 years ago
@Kk15
Yes, we can't judge liberos (and other awards) only from stats, but stats are very helpful if its are full and reliable. Without digs stats it is hard to judge liberos. Very helpful would be statistics of teams which specific libero play with. When they have good service it is much harder to recieve. Libero don't only recieve, but sometimes also pass the ball. I think that Igła passed perfectly almost everytime.
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
Agree! Probably FIVB stats aren't bad, because the winner was Tille and honestly I apreciated him a lot.
12 years ago
+2
FIVB stats are really good...and they have statistic for every position
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Rosjanie przegrali, bo Muserskiy zapomniał majtek :)
http://sport.wp.pl/kat,80634,title,Przegrali-bo-Muserski-zapomnial-majtek,wid,13804547,wiadomosc.html

Why did Russia lost the bronze medal match? Because Muserskiy forgot his briefs said president of Russian Volleyball Federation :)
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Not the bronze medal match - the semi-final with Serbia ?
tysia 579 11
12 years ago
someone - Igła był lepszy
dlaczego pan nie został najlepszym libero hehe
zver 995 13
12 years ago
in semi-final he forgot a t-shirt ?
12 years ago
proud is right, the thing with uniform happened in the game with serbians.

but anyway, this is nonsense, and if our volleyball federation president really says things like that, it's not just another shame, it's simply pathetic...
zver 995 13
12 years ago
+3
it was just a joke, dude
Someone 875 10
12 years ago
Hey Boys and Girls it was a joke obvoiusly ?
12 years ago
+3
oh then i apologize but i didn't catch it) it's just things like that go straight to sore spot, you know...)
Harleym 55 3
12 years ago
+7
I always have the tendency to give Zver a +1, and im afraid that is just cause of his picture
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Serbia have won three European championships, one masked as Olympic games (Brazil lost to Argentina in the quarterfinal due to arrogance) and two normal AND IN ALL THREE THEY PASSED THROUGH RUSSIA AND ITALY
VolleyboxAuthor 440
12 years ago
+1
[removed comment]
Harleym 55 3
12 years ago
+1
@Chrison:

Considering so many people agree with me, I conclude that more people like that girl in the picture.
I demand somebody to make a mix of her just to please all the fans ?

« 1 2 3 4

Translate VolleyboxWould you like to help the project?Translate VolleyboxTranslate Volleybox
Would you like to help the project?Translate Volleybox