Champions League 2011/2012

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »

pesazi 73 3
12 years ago
+4
Okay folks, let's get this topic back on track.

Friedrichshafen vs. Kazan, that's an easy guess. With Venno (and even more important Böhme as middle) there would've been a slight chance for the Germans due to that stupid golden set rule. During the pool stage they defeated Kazan. The Russians suffer from Volkov's absence, young Gutsalyuk can't close this gap. Regarding Friedrichshafen's current situation, playing without both opposites and putting a starter from the middle position on the opposite instead, makes the whole thing an impossible mission.

Izmir vs. Novosibirsk, a little bit more difficult. There's no doubt about the Russians being stronger, individually and as a team. But since the golden set rule gives the hometeam such a huge advantage, Izmir still has a chance. They won all matches at home so far, which should give them some confidence, even though they didn't host any topteam. Agamez and Joao Bravo having a good day will be essential.
Novosibirsk already played in Turkey during the pool stage, crushing Fenerbace 3-0. They are a good example for the new russian mentality. A very good setter along with fast wingspikers and Sanchez as opposite are hard to beat for every team left in the competition. If they manage to advance to the F4, which they should, they really can make a run and cause a surprise.

Trentino vs. Macerata, the top match. The recent matches between those teams gave a good impression what's gonna happen: If Macerata is able to put on pressure with their serves, what they will definitely try, and don't start to choke as seen during the italian cup, they can win the match. In this case it will be for Juantorena and Stokr to keep Trentino in the match. If Macerata doesn't play on their limit, we will see a blowout.
In case of a golden set, it's hard to make a prediction. Both team proved to be able to win a tiebreak. Still, I would bet on Trentino in this case.
12 years ago
I have a plan to go to Łódź, but I need Macerata there...i saw Trento and i want to see other team...so i keep my finger crossed for Lube... but this solution could be really hard
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
When will be the draw for F4 ?
tomdoki 136 4
12 years ago
There won't be any draw. Semis are Skra - Arkas and Zenit - Trentino.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
CEV = Polish Federation
Kk15 1301 11
12 years ago
+2
So, this year one semifinal will be like the last final!

Arkas was a big surprise to me, congratulation!

The fact that Trento won can't actually be a surprise, but I honestly thought that Macerata had a really consistent chance to get the final4... Unofrtunally it seems they wasted it ?
But I'm really glad that there will be again an italian team to cheer for, and I'm ready to support the impressive and huge Trento in this (not really new ?) adventure!

After all, only the first playoff6 match was like I expected...
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
Today lesson of volleyball in Palatrento!

The drawing of lots and everything was a farce.

After a final advance Macerata ,another with the Kazan.

Whoever wins will be a walk in the final.
AndreaTN 79 3
12 years ago
+2
It's a shame... give the champions league to Belchatow!
Trentino - Kazan
&
Izmir - Belchatow
a draw ? ? ? ? ? ahahahahahaha amazing, really amazing
zaki93 17 1
12 years ago
+2
Remember that if Lokomotiv has won , Belchatów would play against Trentino , so it is not thaks to our federation but also thanks to luck and Arkas. It was known a long time ago so I am surprised that you are so shocked ?
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+11
History comes back, it seems that not only Skra becoming host every 2 years is a tradition but also squad of finals in Lodz too:

- best team in Italy at the moment
- best team in Russia at the moment
- Skra
- cinderella with coach Hoag
Zyta 1332 11
12 years ago
+4
handan - I was talking about squad, not draw.
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
+1
Trento must play this final four without his main CEV sponsor "planetwind365" cause it's blocked by a poland law.
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
Well, law is law, can't help it ?
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
+1
This is the press release of Trentinovolley and commentary of the manager of the sponsor.

http://www.trentinovolley.it/news/notizie/9778-trentino-volley-in-polonia-senza-il-logo-planetwin365-sulle-maglie.html
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Polish final four is not good for Trentino with that law and they play there every other year
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
+2
yeah law is law, but -20% on total main sponsor budget is -20%!!!!
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
Well then, CEV would have to move Final4. I don't say that I like this law, but if it's law, I can't see why some team coming to the country where the law is valid, should be excluded from observing it. Law is the same for everyone and there shouldn't be any exceptions.
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
Because the law is valid now and followings Trentinovolley met Zaska no?
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
No, marchst, the law was valid then too, but as far as I know Zaksa didn't inform Trento about it, so they came with their usual T-shirts and played in them.

I personally don't like that law and I think it's stupid. But I also don't understand why some team should be excluded from it. I imagine that when foreigners come to your country, you expect them to abide by your country's law? I do because I respect other countries' laws whenever I visit them, even if I think they're weird or useless.
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
If the law is there and must be done always observe,that centers the Zaska that did not warn you.
You don't have other meshes ?games with those from your workout.

Do not share the fact that today no ,a month ago yes!
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
That was Zaksa's mistake and I think they did wrong. I don't change my opinion, that's it.
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
Do you want to say that in Poland and the Zaska which must enforce the laws,we must be serious!
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
Marchst, I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you mean. I don't mean to offend you but your English is hard to read.

Is Zaksa Polish government or Polish court to change the rules and set the new standards? I don't think so. It was their mistake and I don't see a reason why now, when the organizers remember about the law and warn all the teams about it, it should be overlooked because Zaksa made a mistake. That's just ridiculous. And I'm very serious, believe me.
Plus I really hope that you're not saying all this because it's Trento that the law concerns most. I would like to believe you would protest so strongly if we discussed some other team here.
I, on the other hand, say that every team has to abide by this law and I would still say that if any Polish team was in a similar situation in another country.

That's it, I said everything I had to say about that. I'm not going to change my opinion.
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
I only say that it was you also respect against the Zaska is not only now.

It seems strange to me this. As strange and blame Zaska.
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
Yes, Zaksa is to blame in this situation.
samueleke 393 8
12 years ago
17.03.2012 14:30 Skra Bełchatów - Arkas Spor Izmir 3-1
17.02.2012 14:00 Trentino Volley - Zenit Kazan 3-2

18.03.2012 14:30 3rd place match Arkas - Zenit 0-3
18.03.2012 17:30 Final Skra Trentino 3-2

This is how i think it would be ?

Sllaveq 790 10
12 years ago
Go Trento! beat them!.. it will be for the last time ?
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
+1
Osmany wasn't good, he was just average.
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
+1
Really congratulations for Kazan, they played a perfect match and deserved the victory
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Osmany was very good, but Zenit played phenomenally.
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
+3
i didn't saw a very good osmany, but i saw a really bad raphael today ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+3
Congrats to Zenit and Russian fans(mostly,kate really ?) ? Max was simply great today!
Yeah,Kjeldhor,Rafa was completely outplayed by Valerio today...I'll take solace in the thought that this have made my favorite Italian on Earth happy ?
I don't know what you guys mean by Osmany being good or whatever,he looked totally checked out.Bad decision to announce his departure so close to the F4...very bad decision.
To me they lost the match when they let Zenit come back from 14:10 to 16:14 in the 2nd set...so careless...I didn't expect them to act like that - at times it looked like they didn't take it seriously ? Also,not even one ace!!!Seriously?!
Well,such dominance couldn't have gone on forever - I mean it's not good for the sport and all... ?
marchst 244 2
12 years ago
Congratulecion to Kazan!!!

I except only the MB,the whole team has played badly.
The questone Osmany was to avoid.
For Trent and a period ugly,we hope ends soon.
rtr 42 2
12 years ago
+3
Trentino really strong team, and they showed it in the 1 set, this set was very difficult both physically and emotional, i suspect Trentiono didn't restored after it as quickly as Zenit did. Very happy for Zenit tomorrow we will have really interesting match between Skra and Zenit. Don't know what to do with Kurek, i love him too much as to be a fan against him ?
Good luck Trentiono in a fight for 3 place .
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
Oh,can't believe I forgot - Sivo?!?!Who would have thunk it? lol
I've said some pretty bad things about the guy in the past,but he impressed me tonight.Tomorrow we'll see if this was a one time thing or he'll shine just as bright against SKRA ?
@handan - Osmany can't be singled out and blamed for that loss.Too many things went wrong today...
I guess,so much for a perfect season,ha?May be Trento finally couldn't handle the nerves?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
If Russian NT players play consistently like that outside Zenit /that was Russian NT, Khtey was replaced, Muserskiy absence wasn't felt/ Russia will dominate for long years outside the ECH
Aelinn 166 3
12 years ago
+2
@Proud - My thoughts exactly, you saved me writing a long post about the game, I agree with everything you've written ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+1
@Aelinn - haha,glad to be of service ?
Overlook 280 5
12 years ago
+1
I only say that it was pleasure to watched Zenit today, great game. Hope for some good volleyball at the final.
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
+3
Finally Zenit did it. Maxim and the rest owned ? oh I am really happy for them. Kate we are now celebrating ?
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
hanes, to have positive efficiency in attack vs the Russian block is not "average"
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
I gave you plus because you gave me minus, qwerty ?
proud 722 9
12 years ago
+3
Oh,qwerty,always late to the party...that sponsor talk died awhile ago...

And of course in football and f1 sponspors paid much more money.

That was the whole point - that volleyball needs to lure in sponsors,not push them away and not being able to represent them at such a commercial tournament as F4 is not gonna win you any points with them,right?
Yeah,I think Ferrari can manage without a sponsor or two.As of right now not a lot of volleyball teams can say the same.HOWEVER,I respect the law.I would have said the same thing if Macerata or any other team had qualified for the F4 instead of "poor,hurt Trento".
Kisses
Andrut 215 8
12 years ago
Which one? 3rd meter cross?
John17 151 7
12 years ago
ZENIIITH KAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS !!
John17 151 7
12 years ago
+1
VLAD ALEKNO deserve the MVP title !!!
oioi 370 5
12 years ago
Congratulations to Kazan! Alekno is really a great coach, Vermiglio apart from some innacurate sets was unbelievable, middles were unstoppable and blocked us many times. Wlazly and Kurek made too many mistakes in the important parts and Falasca was just weak/predictable at setting.
12 years ago
+1
Even thought I wanted Skra to win, I still congratulate Kazan on their great win. Will see who wins next year!
rtr 42 2
12 years ago
+1
Great final! Great play! Great day for Zenit! Skra very powerfull, i'll say that it is on the same level with Zenit, so Zenit was more lucky this everning that Skra was, as the result ----> best in Europe ^_^
Berny 606 6
12 years ago
Bravo Zenit ? Bravo Maxim and Bravo the others. It was beautiful match in the sunday evening. Its not important, who won, but the beauty of vball.
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
btw in this final4 we saw some good battle ?
Volleybox 440
12 years ago
+2
[removed comment]
Volleybox 440
12 years ago
[removed comment]
Andrut 215 8
12 years ago
+1
@Chrison as far as i know Challenge statute says that block touch cannot be checked

EDIT: Chrison, you are right, last action can be checked
Koxiu 63 4
12 years ago
@Andrut
Zawodnicy nie mogą poprosić o challange czy było po bloku. Ale jak wypowiadali sie redaktorzy po pomeczowym studio mówili, że sędziowi mieli odprawe przed meczem w sprawie challengu i mogli sędziowie sprawdzić czy było po bloku w sytuacji gdy była piłka setowa albo meczowa.
Overlook 280 5
12 years ago
+2
Congrats to Zenit. From all teams they deserved the most for this victory. They eliminated big Trento after perfect game and today didn't gave up even in the most difficult moments. In the end of tie-break Vermiglio showed why he's called great setter. Skra showed mental weakness in some moments and they made wrong tactic choices. So I don't think Zenit won because of more luck, but because this team was better. And agree with you about MVP for Alekno, he rocks?
Of course it was block's touch in the last action, but Skra had own chances before and now the refs mistakes coudn't be excuse. It was so close, but players should blame only themselves for lost.
Both teams made great show, it was beautiful final.
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
Finally the money made it.
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
they win and now they change the team ?
pearl 1003 11
12 years ago
+1

...Rafa was completely outplayed by Valerio today...I'll take solace in the thought that this have made my favorite Italian on Earth happy

Are you talking about me, dear? ? Anyway, you're spot on !! I'm really happy for Valerio, he deserved a huge reward for the great setter he is (although very underestimated on many occasions).
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Russian Championship overpowering Italian in ECH this year, not surprising after many of the best players left Serie A1 for the money
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Apalikov and Volkov heavy artillery. Volkov very, very strong, I was surprised that he withstood the pressure
proud 722 9
12 years ago
Congrats to Zenit!To be honest they played below my expectations,but still won deservedly ?
Alekno...love this man,he was 50% of the team tonight!!!
Hilarious decoration...lol
@pearl - Who else could I be talking about? ? Congrats on your guy getting an individual award!I guess you could say I was one of the Valerio skeptics,because I didn't expect him to play this way before the F4,but he really did a wonderful job ?

A note on the last action - What was the point of the whole "challenge system" if not to avoid situations like this one?Semi-final between Russia and Serbia from ECH 2011 all over again...It's unfortunate that that's the way SKRA had to lose in front of their fans,but they had a lot of chances to win the match before and didn't take advantage of them.

Just want to say that the atmosphere was great!And not just at the final,but at all 4 games this weekend!I don't think there was a match with less than 10 000 spectators ?
12 years ago
+1
by the way Maxim Mikhaylov celebrates his birthday today! Congrats to the Champion)

concerning the other stuff...let's say what goes around comes around...)
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago

Referees could check block touch in last actions in sets, but they didn't do it. I don't know why.

i don't know polish rules, but in this final4 the FIVB say that the challenge can be asked only for checking:
· the ball is in or out the court;
· the ball touched or not the shaft/antennas (dunno the exactly word);
· invasion;
· if a player walked on 9 or 3rd meteor line;

Berny 606 6
12 years ago
Happy birthday Maximiiiik ?
12 years ago
@Kjeldhor referees could check that sistuation cause the ball was last one (matchball) and after the game they are talking in Polsat about challange rule when the ball is last (setball or matchball).

BTW: Anybody knows that Italian league for the first time in history doesn't have any club in European final (Champions league, CEV Cup or Challenge cup) since 1980/81 (first year of challenge cup competition)
NightFoxAuthor 1457 14
12 years ago
+1
Max proved again that he's the most reliable opposite in the world right now despite his age.
Zakonka 142 3
12 years ago
+3
@Kjeldhor In Final Four referees could check block touch. Before matches, at the briefing referees was decided that if in the last action set or match will be some doubt, referees will be able to check block touch.

It will not change the fact that both teams played well, but Zenit was a little bit better and deserved the win.
Kjeldhor 1059 17
12 years ago
but they had no doubt, we survive a lot of years without challenge and human errors.
Zakonka 142 3
12 years ago
+3
@Kjeldhor They had doubts. Immediately after the action one of the referees showed a block out and even went to the secound referee to consult this action.
No longer about the results because the Zenit won really deserved, but the referees were the only ones able to check this and again acted as the all-knews-gods
John17 151 7
12 years ago
+1
on the 3 last main competitions (World league,world cup,Champions league) Maxim won titles (MVP, best attacker, best server,best blocker..) That prove that he's really now the BEST OPPOSITE in the Wolrd. Congratulation for him on his birthday !

GO HARD MAXIM !
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Maxim is the most complete opposite in the world, insane serve, wall block, good reception and defense skills, but when it comes to attack Milijkovic is the best, he is unstoppable /words of Vladimir Alekno/. He overcomes tough situations on consistent matter, always finding holes in the tactic of the opponent. Maxim Mikhaylov is MVP, because his serve is big part of the success of his teams and his block and reception add a lot too, kind of Juantorena in OPP version
John17 151 7
12 years ago
+2
I'm totally agree with you but Maxim is only 23yrs !!!
Skrzypek 24 1
12 years ago
+3
Nevertheless, the match has been the best final since several years. Great actions, fantastic emotions, and very high level. It's a pity that finished by a mistake of refferees.
raylight 3006 15
12 years ago
Trentino - Zenit wasn't lower quality final from pure volleyball point of view

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »

Create volleyball agency websiteAre you owner of volleyball agency?Create your websiteCreate volleyball agency website
Are you owner of volleyball agency?Create your website